Rugby Union

kiwififer

Poor game from Scotland. We have shipped tries we really shouldn' of for me. We should really of had more points on the clock with better passing but when you concede the number of penalties we have how can you expect to win the game. Fwiw I rather Ireland win the 6 nations than England but that' just my own preference. 

Shit performance but should be closer than it is.

Doesn't help that we're being penalised for doing exactly what we did against England at the breakdown. There's no consistency and Wayne Barnes obviously hates us.

Shit performance but should be closer than it is.
Doesn't help that we're being penalised for doing exactly what we did against England at the breakdown. There's no consistency and Wayne Barnes obviously hates us.

I think the bigger problem has been throwing the ball away left, right and centre rather than the referee.

All rugby referees focus on different aspects of the game. Nigel Owens is happy for players to fight at the breakdown, Barnes never has been. Scotland's eternal problem is not adapting how we play to the referee in charge. Ireland are experts at it.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think the bigger problem has been throwing the ball away left, right and centre rather than the referee.

Didn't say the ref was the reason. I'm not DeeTilAhDeh.

Just that there's terrible inconsistency in different referee's interpretation of the breakdown. We've been penalised too many times for that.

See the way we went through the phases from our own 22 when 20 points down after the clock was dead? What's the mentality problem that makes them incapable of doing that when they're within a couple of scores with plenty of time left?

This team needs to learn when it's right to force the offloads and when to patiently go through the phases.

Edited by Dunning1874