Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, GAD said:
We are Scotland. Three years ago we won the wooden spoon. If we finish with three wins this season it's good going. We are also managing to build considerable squad depth for the world cup where there will be no home advantage for any of the big teams. I would say things are going pretty well.

OK, probably a bit harsh with the shameful display but the fact remains that a 20 point defeat to Ireland and a 30point defeat to Wales is completely unacceptable.

There is a serious mental issue with games away from Murrayfield. Constant daft mistakes.

With Italy getting gubbed again today, they’ve now given up a try bonus point in 8 of their 9 games since the bonus points were introduced. Only Wales last year failed to put 4 tries past them. The talk of a relegation system isn’t going away. Personally I’d prefer to just go back to five nations but also introduce a European Championship with 8-10 teams every two years. Italy add no value to the tournament in their present state.

With Italy getting gubbed again today, they’ve now given up a try bonus point in 8 of their 9 games since the bonus points were introduced. Only Wales last year failed to put 4 tries past them. The talk of a relegation system isn’t going away. Personally I’d prefer to just go back to five nations but also introduce a European Championship with 8-10 teams every two years. Italy add no value to the tournament in their present state.
Can we have this conversation after next Saturday

Bit torn for next wk tbh, even although I'm half Irish I can't fucking stand their rugby team but a win against England, assuming we beat Italy means 3 place finish. Even better if France beat Wales we still finish 3rd but above both England and Gatlands wales

Can we finish second? I think I preferred this before the bonus points came in.

Bit torn for next wk tbh, even although I'm half Irish I can't fucking stand their rugby team but a win against England, assuming we beat Italy means 3 place finish. Even better if France beat Wales we still finish 3rd but above both England and Gatlands wales
Ireland win, Scotland BP win, Wales and France draw with no BPs. Think that would mean Scotland would finish 2nd or 3rd and England 5th. Inverdale would dissolve live on tv.

Ireland win, Scotland BP win, Wales and France draw with no BPs. Think that would mean Scotland would finish 2nd or 3rd and England 5th. Inverdale would dissolve live on tv.
Forgot about draw tbh. We can't finish above Ireland obviously so finishing above Wales and England would be great. Don't mind the French finishing above us. Good c***s

Disappointing to lose on Saturday but was always going to be tough vs a good Ireland team with such a brilliant home record. However we're doing the same at Murrayfield which is a positive so if we can win in Rome (preferably with a BP) then hopefully we can finish as high up the table as possible. However it was nice that the U20's and Ladies won with the 7's picking up silverware this weekend at least.

As I type this I'm at Edinburgh airport ready tor the flight to Rome lol.

Disappointing to lose on Saturday but was always going to be tough vs a good Ireland team with such a brilliant home record. However we're doing the same at Murrayfield which is a positive so if we can win in Rome (preferably with a BP) then hopefully we can finish as high up the table as possible. However it was nice that the U20's and Ladies won with the 7's picking up silverware this weekend at least.
As I type this I'm at Edinburgh airport ready tor the flight to Rome lol.
U 20s got beat mate, 30 25 I think

Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, Adam Hastings, Richie Vernon and Matt Scott all added to the Scotland squad.
Replacing Ben Toolis, Magnus Bradbury, Cornell du Preez, John Hardie, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar and Henry Pyrgos in the training squad as Edinburgh play Munster this weekend