What Are You Drinking ?

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You've got much more history of them than I have then. Didn't know them that well but some friends are fans and I fancied a night out to see a band. Ended up down front as there was no way I was sitting down in that rain! Missed the support but the Moretti was  good.

20230812_222646.jpg

[Deleted post.....if you know your Viz, it's the character 'Major Misunderstanding'....

17 hours ago, 101 said:

It was £22 for 4 cans 2 of them were like £7 because they are super strength stouts. 

So maybe £3 for that? The stouts were a present absolutely no chance I would be paying those prices for myself.

I quite regularly pay £7 a can, usually for high strength stuff. DOn't mind paying more for quality beer tbf.

14 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Popped into the Wee Beer Shop after work in preparation for the hotel in Campbeltown tonight. Cracker from Overtone. 

Have also been sampling the local whisky wares. I've had Springbank 10 Y/O and a Glen Scotia Special Cask. Both delightful.

What was the special element to the cask? 

Cal Mac binning their entire season of ferries due to incompetence has sadly put Kintyre/Campbeltown out of reach for me this year. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Cal Mac binning their entire season of ferries due to incompetence has sadly put Kintyre/Campbeltown out of reach for me this year. 

I have no idea. That's what it said on the bottle and the barmaid had no further information. I did ask!

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Don’t know if you drive or not but it should still be relatively straightforward to do Kintyre/Campbeltown whether you’re driving or using bus services outwith ferries?

* Gourock > Dunoon on Western Ferry. 

* Dunoon > Portavadie by road. 

* Portavadie > Tarbert ferry (One of the few rarely cancelled by Calmac)

* Tarbert > Campbeltown by road. 

Start trip early enough you’d be in Campbeltown before lunchtime and all afternoon to booze tour.