What Are You Drinking ?

At The Original Coopers Ale House (originally the Earl of Aberdeen) and trying a new beer from Coopers, Hazy IPA, which surprisingly is not as hazy as most of their beers. It’s a strong one at 6.2%. It’s good. IMG_6791.JPG

A white stout? It’s not a stout and doesn’t taste like a stout. It’s drinkable but thank goodness it was only a 4-pack. From Zytho Brewing, Goulburn NSW. IMG_6803.JPGDid find out that most of us are zythophiles.

This was the cheapest stuff I could find in the kiosk nearest the river at 0.82€. Not Kolsch but it's great.

Absolutely lovely stuff. Missus and her mate are working on her wedding dress today so in between camped out in front of language homework and FM, I've gone out for a beer and a stroll. DSC_3361.jpeg

Back home and picked up a couple of these in the Esso garage across the road. Another basement priced beer, brewed in Dortmund. 

Not a fan. It's definitely not as fresh or crisp as any other pils I've tried. But it's more than acceptable in front of FM for a few hours now. I wouldn't be stocking up for example on a train ride to an away day when there's far superior stuff out there for just as cheap. 

118616060_2705208833030992_5077088077607977621_n.jpg

Back home and picked up a couple of these in the Esso garage across the road. Another basement priced beer, brewed in Dortmund. 
Not a fan. It's definitely not as fresh or crisp as any other pils I've tried. But it's more than acceptable in front of FM for a few hours now. I wouldn't be stocking up for example on a train ride to an away day when there's far superior stuff out there for just as cheap. 
118616060_2705208833030992_5077088077607977621_n.thumb.jpg.0b464582bd2888ff1fee50abcd8ef15a.jpg
Is beer really cheap in Germany? At those prices half the population would be permanently pissed here. Even for a beer loving country, does Germany have a more grown-up attitude to drink than we have?

Is beer really cheap in Germany? At those prices half the population would be permanently pissed here. Even for a beer loving country, does Germany have a more grown-up attitude to drink than we have?
Much, much better attitude in general. For a start, you can walk the streets drinking a beer, head to the park, go to the river etc all whilst having one.

No time restrictions on the train (9pm f**k off!) but normally the local trams and u bahns have a fine system of around 70€ if you're caught drinking on them. Which is fine as you're not on them long anyway normally.

You can drink at the football.

You can buy them 24 hours a day.
Bottles normally have the old glass bottle system we did, meaning many homeless or poor people can collect them, take them to a supermarket and exchange them for a voucher to buy something. 0.08€ per bottle but at least it's something.

I noticed the Ooerdingen stuff on offer yesterday for 50c in one place. It's a bit of a jake-magnet of a shop but never any hassle.

I'll say this one again, you can enjoy a beer at the football. In your seat/standing.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I love it when this thread comes to the top on a Tuesday afternoon. I picture folk sitting in front of a screen at home cracking a can while they work. I know that's mostly nonsense but it amuses me none the less.

I'm on annual leave this week. I would normally go away for a few days to Berlin or Belgium or somewhere but I'm not risking a trip at the moment.

My week off so far has consisted of binge watching Narcos, binge drinking and ordering donner pizzas from Just Eat.

It's not the worst week I've had TBH.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I'm on annual leave this week. I would normally go away for a few days to Berlin or Belgium or somewhere but I'm not risking a trip at the moment.
My week off so far has consisted of binge watching Narcos, binge drinking and ordering donner pizzas from Just Eat.
It's not the worst week I've had TBH.
Absolutely did likewise myself back in June.

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Much, much better attitude in general. For a start, you can walk the streets drinking a beer, head to the park, go to the river etc all whilst having one.

No time restrictions on the train (9pm f**k off!) but normally the local trams and u bahns have a fine system of around 70€ if you're caught drinking on them. Which is fine as you're not on them long anyway normally.

You can drink at the football.

You can buy them 24 hours a day.
Bottles normally have the old glass bottle system we did, meaning many homeless or poor people can collect them, take them to a supermarket and exchange them for a voucher to buy something. 0.08€ per bottle but at least it's something.

I noticed the Ooerdingen stuff on offer yesterday for 50c in one place. It's a bit of a jake-magnet of a shop but never any hassle.

I'll say this one again, you can enjoy a beer at the football. In your seat/standing.

Is it full whack beer ABV wise?

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It normally is yeah although as you might imagine, much more expensive than elsewhere.

7 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I know when English sides go out there, not uncommon for them to be given 0% stuff. 

I'd imagine that isn't the case for home fans. 

That's what I'd heard, so thought it was kind of pointless.

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It certainly was at St Pauli. 

Cheers