What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Have you had the Double Joker? Excellent from a bottle (Morrison’s only?), but had on draught in Inn Deep.,

I have, and I agree it is excellent from a bottle. I've only ever seen it in Morrisons. 

Cairn O' Mohr mixed fruit cider

20220416_170452.thumb.jpg.90baa36b6146a0629b199e88c828f23c.jpg

I picked this up on impulse at Dundee farmer's market today. It's actually most agreeable. Not too sweet and not too tart. I don't think that I could drink more than one bottle though...

Trip to Eskbank Trading tonight to stock up.

Chose a Loch Lomond I hadn't seen before; a beer from a Northern Ireland brewery for novelty value; a wheat beer for guaranteed decency; and something very strong from Verdant based on quality artwork on can. Will keep me going for a good few weeks.

Quality selection in the Trading Post these days, really up there with Barry's Cathcart and Cornelius Easter Road in my eyes.

Ok, lacking the walk-in beer fridge and the humorous social media presence of Barry's, but the beer selection is pretty wide (including a wheen of Overtone).
a0eccd3de880763cc75e4ee133445904.jpg054ee8a04bfb5a180a61b695ce359404.jpg

Absolutely delightful,  it's as if someone just added ice cream to beer.  Not overly sweet, but is going down easily enough.  Would recommend to any fans of northern monk. 

20220416_235850.jpg

Edited by superwell87

A smorgasbord of beers this evening.

Starting off with the always excellent BrewDog Elvis Juice.

however the surprise of the night (by some distance) was a 12% beer by Vibrant Forest called Landscape Tantrum.  I’m not one for strong beers, but I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this.  It’s enough to turn you alcoholic!  Kind of stouty on the palet, with lots of burnt caramel and fruit overtones, but with very little bitter aftertaste.

image.thumb.jpeg.7bd8e12a560a0b52da7553cc924090b0.jpeg

I then had another Vibrant Forest beer called Altitudes 6.9%.  It was fucking awful.  Down the sink awful!  It smelt of cabbage and tasted of death.  
image.thumb.jpeg.db325ca9bcc33abfca7e2c310a5332a2.jpeg

Just say NO!

The rest of the evening was a pretty good crisp beer by my local brewery Rebellion.

Their Blonde is a good all round beer.  I like it a lot, a very easy drink at 4.3%
image.thumb.jpeg.7f7a731301ec86a488b605ea22aef706.jpeg