Eastenders....

On 7/7/2016 at 20:13, Antlion said:

If the shambling scarecrow actually pushed his sister out the window, will this be the first even vaguely villainous thing he's ever done?

Gavin was touted by the producers as making Archie, the child-molesting, incestuous lunatic, look like a care bear. Thus far all we've seen him do is lurk menacingly round corners watching people, have his goons get Phil back on the bottle via unknown means, and stand threateningly over a box of fireworks. An absolute joke of a big bad.

Gavin is surely the least-convincing bad guy since Gavin Sharp (one for the tru heads, there. Look him up!) The way Cathy talks about him makes him seem like this frightening, macabre entity but he's just a rasping, floppy-haired nonce whose most heinous crime seems to have been giving Denny a mobile phone.

Terrible character, terrible casting.

10 hours ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Mad Paul is dead.

Didn't expect that at all last night. I thought it was leading to not Ben, someone else, a never-before-seen person mistaken for Ben, so I was surprised at the swerve. Fair play to the writers.

He's barely even 2D, never mind a 3D character with hopes and ambitions, but at least they're giving Lee Carter something to do with this upcoming baby storyline. I have a feeling he'll be a rotten father and his child will come into considerable distress from his negligence.

The actor who played Paul was leaving this summer so as soon as I heard "Ben" was to die I knew it would be a mistaken identity and be Paul, confirmed by the hints on Fridays episode (only Ben took his wallet and phone out, they had tattoos of each others name on their hand).

Wonder where Ben is though. 

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I have a feeling he'll be a rotten father and his child will come into considerable distress from his negligence.

It is Eastenders after all. If the baby survives the obvious termination threat and the possible miscarriage scare it will then go onto have a difficult birth leading to a life or death time in an incubator. If it survives all that then expect the poor mite to be stricken with every topical, right on, illness known to mankind. The unlucky kid will probably pass away after eating a birthday cake that contained nuts.

A pretty heavy-handed "fathers and sons" episode last night. Jack must be absolutely gutted to have landed an absolute like candy-ass like Richard (or Ricky, to give him his preferred title, but there can only ever really be one true Ricky in Walford).

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

A pretty heavy-handed "fathers and sons" episode last night.

Totally didn't work for me. I'd rather have had a Mitchell double-hander (no euph) and delved a bit deeper into that particular relationship, Ben's hilarious over-acting aside. As much as I love Danny Dyer, I could really do without Lee's drooping coupon and his too-close-together-eyes. 

This weird builder (Andy?) is one of the worst heels going. What's his endgame? Why is he winching the lovely Roxy and then grimacing?

Recent rubbish storylines always seem to have the common denominator: Ronnie Mitchell. Whenever she's involved, it's a pile of muck. Hard to believe just six months ago we were treated to Phil stealing a JCB; now, some handsome man is booking holidays while talking to a child.

What now for Lee Carter? Can the producers take him round the back of the Queen Vic and put him out of his misery?

I'm unsure whether or not it's a brilliant performance from Danny-Boy Hatchard (what a goddamn name). Lee suffers from depression and I imagine his inability to interact with those around him and react to their feelings is a side-effect of his illness or his medication - if that's the case, he's doing a fabulous job because he stood there, a hollow man, as the lovely Whitney tore through him. If not, then he's a dreadful actor who should be dealt with.

Not a classic last night, that's for sure, but I must say I really fancy Denise Fox. A fine-looking woman for her age. I don't just don't understand what her beef is.

I saw Danny-Boy is some straight to DVD type London gangster film with Danny Dyer's daughter and he actually wasn't too bad in it. I remember when he first started in Eastenders though and he was fucking terrible right from the off, way before this depression story started.

We Still Kill The Old Way or something the film was. It was awful.