Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

7 hours ago, Girth said:

I was at Haringey Borough vs. Heybridge Swifts yesterday. Cracking playoff game, great atmosphere, neat football between two evenly matched teams.

Borough won 2-0 so it's Canvey Island in the final at Coles Park Sunday.

Borough are a cracking club. 

Great wee club. It’s always handy for a 3pm after an early kick off at Spurs. 

Great wee club. It’s always handy for a 3pm after an early kick off at Spurs. 

Defo mate. I’m a season ticket holder and I go when I can.

The whole setup is magnificent.

Let’s beat the islanders!

On 5/3/2018 at 07:10, Shanner said:

Went to this as well.  Was a decent enough experience for an end of season dead rubber. 

Was right next to the Sparta fans but it was surprisingly one sided in terms of noise, with hardly a peep out of the Feyenoord fans. 

Went to watch Feyenoord a couple of years ago, in the home end but nowhere near the ultras. Seemed to be majority tourists. Opposition(Think it was Utrecht, though they might have been playing Ajax in the game we went to the following day, memory of that weekend is a bit shot...) scored an absolute screamer and a boy 5 or 6 rows down from us gave it a polite applause. Next thing he was being pelted with pint tumblers and a couple of locals were trying to take him a square go. Great value for money in terms of entertainment that night.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Is there a decent site for finding non-league English games by postcode  or region?

Looking for something to go to after the Stoke game tomorrow as it's a lunch time ko.

Abbey Hulton Utd just up the road. That was the first one I found but there’s probably more. Get the Groundhopper app by Kepermat for the phone, then all the grounds will appear on the map and you can tap them to get fixtures.

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Abbey Hulton Utd just up the road. That was the first one I found but there’s probably more. Get the Groundhopper app by Kepermat for the phone, then all the grounds will appear on the map and you can tap them to get fixtures.

Cheers will have a look at that app. Appreciated. 

11 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I'd definitely recommend the app. As someone who is new to Scotland, I use that app to go to various (non-league) grounds. :)

Edited by Marten

Stoke fans are a singularly unattractive, poorly dressed, hygiene-unaware collection of oddities so a forgettable match was improved tremendously by the police pepper spraying some of them, and I don't mind admitting that - even as a snowflakey Liberal handwringer sort - I hope the police were doing the decent thing after seeing one fat drunken ride too many in shite fitba casual clobber. 

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Good game and great programme.

(With a couple of caveats: unfortunately it isn't Willis Hare, plus Adrian Shala's mum wasn't too happy as he isn't a midfielder or Albanian but she's Croatian :lol:!).

I was made aware of the first one this morning Hibee but didn’t know about the 2nd one. Sack the editor :lol: 

Yoker v Rossvale yesterday.

43 people i counted, 25 Yoker, 10 St Roch's fans (Candy was off and we're going for promotion along with Rossvale) leaving 8 connected to Rossvale. Even the 8 was a bit odd because at least two or three of them used to be connected to the Candy.

We never spoke.

ps, the game was pish.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Jeanfield Swifts in the East Superleague yesterday. Enjoyable game, HoB won 3-2, although it should have been much more!

Great wee social club just outside the ground

Haringey Borough 3 Canvey Island 1. 

Fantastic scenes in what was a pretty even game first half.

Second half Borough got their arses in gear and cruised to a win (despite a late Canvey goal). 

Delighted to see the third goal go in to guarantee Borough a place in level 7. Lovely stuff.