Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Nice to see Coco Crawford still banging them in! Was me old mucker @heedthebaa there? 

Aye I was there, missed last nights game though, apparently a cracker. Great place to play football 

8 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

No

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's why I don't use it, I was in too deep before it came along. Same as buchan30 I went down the spreadsheet route.

I record grounds on footballgroundmap.com, you don't need to put in specific games, you just tick the box.

Thanks all. I used footballground map but haven't logged on/updated it in at least 5 years. Will go back there and update it.

Dunfermline Athletic 0-1 St Mirren

Fife ✅

The whole pyramid in the home county done. 

Long time since I've been in East End Park so was looking forward to this today. Delighted to say I wasn't disappointed. Ended up with a padded seat mainly down to picking then by accident but I'm not complaining. I agree with the controversial consensus that a Dunfermline bridie is superior to a Forfar one. On the dear side but also on the superb side. 

The game itself was standard preseason. Not a great deal happened but still enjoyable. Some poor passing at the back lead to Saints scoring the only goal in the first half. A few individual good performances, Dunfermline looked better than they did at East Fife but St Mirren the Premier team and it showed.

East End park doesn't get the love of some venues but, despite looking tired, it is still a great place to watch football. Good luck to the Pars in the fantastic looking Championship this season and good luck to Saints as they venture back into Europe.

20240706_153937.jpg

20240706_153940.jpg

20240706_145943.jpg

Staggered kickoffs today so managed to catch 2 NWSutherland league games,a feisty Golspie stafford-lairg game(4-6) followed by the end of embo-lochbroom(1-3),weather poor but 2 very picturesque grounds,lovely part of the world

The top pictures embo,the other ones golspie

IMG_20240706_152125.jpg

IMG_20240706_133856.jpg

Posted (edited)

Gartocharn 9-0 Alloa Unathletic 

Forth and Endrick League v Warriors Premier League in the Last 16 of the Central Welfare Cup. Routine victory for Garto, topped off by a 15 year old scoring his first ever goal for the club to round out the scoring.

Edit: Just been told it was actually 9. Must have missed the first goal when I was waiting to cross the road!

20240707_140623.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

Happy new season!

Went to Irvine Meadow XI vs Cumnock Broomhill in a prestigious pre season clash.

Best player on display was Erin Cuthbert, the game itself was a bit tame (as would be expected perhaps, this being a friendly).

Anyway, all was not lost. I had a nice wee wander along Irvine beach beforehand, and a sticky bun from my favoured cake supplier.

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

Preston Athletic 2-1 Hibernian XI
Craig Innes Testimonial

Decent game in Prestonpans between Preston Athletic and a very young Hibs side. Hadn’t been to the Pennypit before and liked what I saw. Decent crowd too.

The Panners took the lead through a very nicely worked goal early in the second half before Hibs equalised through one of their own. Preston went down to 10 men late on - definitely my first red card at a testimonial - following some daft retaliation but took the lead soon after from a corner.

Nice day out, helped by the rain staying off for the game. Obligatory couple of pints in the Goth beforehand too.

IMG_7340.thumb.jpeg.9d817f600b541437c3b278290ab9329b.jpeg

Heart of Midlothian 1-2 Leyton Orient 

In 1874 a group of friends founded Heart of Midlothian Football Club. In 2022 two professional pillocks decided they were ditching the daily grind and were taking up groundhopping. Both hit 150 today. One of two matches to celebrate Hearts 150th anniversary coincides with our own 150th new ground since restarting the pyramid in February 2022. 

Car, tram and a shortish walk was the preferred modes of transport today. Most of which is spent circling the distillery, not being a drinker, it's not the most pleasant experience but hey ho. 

This game took place due to Hearts and Orient's links to the First World War. Did you know some Hearts players fought at the Somme? The never mention it. Actually quite a touching ceremony with a piper present. Having been to Albert and Contalmaison it is worth your time if you get the chance. 

The game itself was typical pre season. Some rotten defending on both sides led to the goals. Orient looked okay. Hearts looked pretty rubbish to be honest. They'll hope that's preseason rustiness and they will improve. 

The mainstand at Tynie is now excellent. Fair play to Hearts. Where we were sitting wasn't the best place to see the screens but that's on our seat.

20240713_150028.jpg

20240713_162521.jpg

20240713_145820.jpg

KHighland amateur cup q/f day today&weatherwise west seemed to be best so off to broadford in Skye to see sleat&strath Vs defending champs avoch.2-3 to avoch in quite an I'll tempered game,both teams liked to moan,avoch especially.the game wasn't as close as it looks,avoch took a 3 goal lead early in the 2nd half&s&s's 2nd goal was at the death,a lot closer than I was expecting,though.

Clear enough day with enough of a breeze to keep the wee b*****ds away,thankfully,it was even warm when the sun appeared

IMG_20240713_145842.jpg

Orkney 'A' League, 9/7/24. Hotpurs 1 Rendall 1. At KGS playing fields, Kirkwall.

We had a Golden Wedding to attend in Shetland and had a couple of days in Orkney on the way back. Managed to find this fixture on Tuesday night although the big game of the night was at St Margaret's Hope. But that would be cutting it fine as I would have had to ditch Mrs Mantis after eating, then drive and find the park which I couldn't see on Google Maps. So just a short hop along the road from our digs it was. 

Rendall were pretty pleased with the point after being more or less pummelled for over an hour before going behind to a goal from Graham Shearer. In one of their rare attacks they equalised from a good strike by Kalle Shearer (I think).

Not the end of the drama as I began to get severe pains at 10pm and eventually went in to Balfour Hospital A&E at 2am. Kidney stones. Finally got to bed at 4 and up again about 7.30. No more pain thankfully but had to waste a day in wet Kirkwall as the ferry home wasn't till midnight. Passed the stone this morning, relief beyond belief.

IMG_9318.thumb.jpg.e06d8a9a5d919f5cfe0bb91a11d1c005.jpg

Edited by The Mantis

No match, but in the Dundee locale so decided to see if the grounds really are that near to each other.  Obviously, they are.   I knew it was a hilly city, but you need to be a Sherpa to get up that Hilltown fron the city centre.  I liked the allotment behind the statue of Jim McLean and the wee bakery by Dens.

20240715_105728.jpg

20240715_105959.jpg

9 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

No match, but in the Dundee locale so decided to see if the grounds really are that near to each other.  Obviously, they are.   I knew it was a hilly city, but you need to be a Sherpa to get up that Hilltown fron the city centre.  I liked the allotment behind the statue of Jim McLean and the wee bakery by Dens.

20240715_105728.jpg

20240715_105959.jpg

You missed out Foundation Park.

9 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You missed out Foundation Park.

I just looked it up, thanks.  Will visit if I get back up here.  Looks class.

Edited by Red Kite

SC Telstar 0-0 ADO 20 🇳🇱 @ 711 Stadion, Velsen Zuid. Pre-season Friendly. 6.7.24. IMG_1221.thumb.jpeg.1ea4e822fbfe11c93de5ec41498a7da1.jpeg12noon. Keenly contested game between Erste Divisie and Tweede Divisie. The home side, featuring Ronald Koeman Jnr🧤 in goal hit the post twice in the 2nd half but couldn’t find a winner. Crowd 275.

IMG_1222.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

Tranent Amateurs 2-1 Vale of Leithen (1-0) @ Meadowmill Sports Centre 🌱. Pre-season Friendly. 12.30pm. The home side ahead early on. It took East of Scotland side Vale until late on to find an equaliser only to then concede what was to be the winner 💥 60 secs later. Crowd 29.

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg