Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Airdrie v Stranraer on the 25th of January

East Fife v Ayr on the 15th of March

After those two I'll be down to 7 SPFL grounds out of 41 that I haven't seen a game at. My goal for the year is to complete it. I went to 13 new grounds last year so it should be possible.

Interesting. I've not been to:

Hearts

Killie

Motherwell

St Mirren

ICT

Partick Thistle (drove past)

Ross County (drove past)

Hamilton

Falkirk (drove past)

Qots

Not bad going considering I'm 21, going to try make an effort to get to them, quite hard when your club doesn't really play them. Hopefully cross the Prem teams off with Utd away days or something and hope for the other ones in the cups. Looking back I wish I'd kept a few photos of each ground and that :(

Went to United v Aberdeen today, decent game with a very good atmosphere. Great advert for Scottish football outwith the ugly sisters!

Hopefully going to Chelsea v ManU on 19th January. Tickets not confirmed yet but London based mate has been promised a couple.

Been to Chelseas once before during the special one`s previous managerial spell. Chelsea cruised to a 4-0 win over Wigan in a really tedious game the only bright spot of which was Arjen Robben. Mourinho substituted Robben after he lost the ball trying a trick out wide. IIRC Chelsea were 2-0 possibly 3-0 up at the time.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Craven Cottage is a cracking wee ground, was there back in November and really enjoyed it.

Aye I thought it was excellent. Wasn't expecting much to be honest for one of the smaller Premiership grounds but it was a great day out. Atmosphere was a lot better than I expected as well, although the nature of the game and where I was sitting probably helped that.

Craven Cottage is a cracking wee ground, was there back in November and really enjoyed it.

This. I`ve had some cracking days at Fulham. Have seen them beat Newcastle and Stoke plus watched Arsenal stroll to a 3-1 win a few seasons back. Really friendly club.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

• 2 months later...

Hipster

I should really post a 1000-word blog on why Saudi's 4-2-3-1 formation was ultimately successful against a stubborn Indonesian 4-5-1, but that would be frankly dull. Instead I shall make do with saying for about £3 I just enjoyed a tremendous evening's entertainment, even if (or possibly because) Indonesia are the worst team I have ever seen at international level. 1-0 for Saudi in the end, though it could have been about 10.

Saudi's number 10 looks a player, right enough.

Edited by Savage Henry

Any London based posters:

Clapton are playing Tower Hamlets at Mile End Stadium on Saturday at 3pm, and any money made over the first hundred through the gates (well, the automatic doors) will be donated to a homeless charity chosen by Clapton's winger and former Homeless World Cup player, Billy Wise.

Take your tins in wi you, £6 in, COYT!

1395285_10151654651181956_2126078569_n.j

Edited by thisGRAEME

In Newcastle on 22nd. Going to Newcastle V Palace.

Any tips re a good place for lunch, preferably to also catch the Chelsea/Arsenal match on TV.

The food is average but I'd suggest Shearer's bar at the stadium. Other option could be Chinatown though not sure whether any of restaurants would have tv to watch football.

In Newcastle on 22nd. Going to Newcastle V Palace.

Any tips re a good place for lunch, preferably to also catch the Chelsea/Arsenal match on TV.

there is a TGI fridays and a wetherspoons/lloyds in the gate. alright for a beer and a burger

Off to Everton V Cardiff City on Saturday. Hotel prices are Shocking though! £90 for a one night stay in Liverpool?! Seriously WTF is that all about? Any cheaper places want a minimum 2 night stay.

You should check airbnb prices although you are then staying in someone's home rather than a hotel so it depends what you have planned.

Off to Everton V Cardiff City on Saturday. Hotel prices are Shocking though! £90 for a one night stay in Liverpool?! Seriously WTF is that all about? Any cheaper places want a minimum 2 night stay.

I was hoping to get down to the game against Arsenal on Sunday 6th of April until I realised that The Grand National is the day before and the few hotel rooms that are left are extortionate. Once we had taken train fares, hotel for 2 night and 2 match tickets into account, we worked out that it would be just as cheap to go to Bratislava for the weekend. Thinking about doing that instead.

Might try to get down to either of the 2 home games after Arsenal, though it may be difficult as they are Man Utd. and Man City.