Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Carlisle have a tidy wee ground. Was down last season for the Blackburn cup tie on a Wednesday night. So easy to get to from Glasgow which is a bonus. Hopefully they get a big cup tie against a top premier league side soon, would be good to get a ticket for.

Been there quite a few times seen them v Wimbledon in September 4-4 draw. Also easy to get to from Edinburgh only just over an hour on the train.

Been to Carlisle many times, if driving best to continue on to junction 43, rather than the first one for Carlisle, saves you driving through the middle of the town to the ground.

Would guess it's a mile and a bit from the train station.

Aye its a mile or so from the station pretty straight walk to it mind you. Only bad thing is you just miss a train back to Edinburgh just after 5 and have to wait an hour, one time I got lucky when a train was late and I managed to get it instead of hanging around.

Aye its a mile or so from the station pretty straight walk to it mind you. Only bad thing is you just miss a train back to Edinburgh just after 5 and have to wait an hour, one time I got lucky when a train was late and I managed to get it instead of hanging around.

Carlisle's a great ground. Not been back since Jimmy Glass scored that dramatic last winner to keep them in the league back in 1999.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a ticket for Qatar Stars League Select v Bayern Munich tomorrow night.

Apparently a Mr M Laudrup is taking the Qatari team and has selected a Vladimir Weiss to play.

I was going along as a neutral, however I now know who I'll be supporting.

Wouldn't even like to guess at how much everyone involved is being paid for that :P

Just picked up my tickets for Oman v Australia in the Asian Cup on Tuesday. Should be a cracker!

Didn't even realise the Asian Cup was on; shame it gets so little press over here.

'Mon the Oman - get wired in! :thumsup2

Didn't even realise the Asian Cup was on; shame it gets so little press over here.

'Mon the Oman - get wired in! :thumsup2

I can see why there is so little press. Other than the few teams who qualify for World Cups regularly (Australia, Japan, South Korea, Iran), the quality of football in Asia is still very poor.

Went QPR V ManU on Saturday. First time at Loftus Road and really enjoyed the occasion. Club staff very friendly.

Looked at one point as if tickets weren`t going to be available so had back up plan of Wimbledon v Carlisle as folks I was staying with are about 5 mins from their ground.

Thought 2-0 flattered ManU but can see why QPR are struggling. Some decent players on the day but a real lack of pace in their side.