Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Off to Stockport v Luton on Saturday. Huge.

Good game and atmosphere actually. 4000 people in a conference game, finished Stockport 0-1 Luton, Luton also having a first half penalty saved. Stockport were pretty poor. Tried to keep it on the deck but just ended up going side to side with no real penetration, while Luton's wide men and their central players' movement around the box to create space for the wide players was torture for Stockport's defence, and indeed the only goal came from that, with 2 strikers making excellent runs to create space for Luton's winger who duly fired home past Stockport's fucking woeful 'keeper.

Enjoyed the atmosphere more than anything, including the constant abuse of Stockport's keeper for cleaning his boots on the post before every goal kick, before proceeding to boot the ball no more than 30 yards and straight out for a throw in. Awful 'keeper, good pen save but that was about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe get in some of Bronby's home game on Easter Monday. The only problem is we'd only get in about 50 minutes of the game due to having to rush straight back to the airport to get our flight home. Also means taking hand luggage to the game. All probably more hassle than its worth.

Hertha Berlin's last game of the season against Energie Cottbus. With any luck it'll be the day the title is decided and will hopefully be close to a 75,000 sell-out.

Also hoping to get tickets for Croatia v Scotland, but that's less random and more clinically insane.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Malmo vs Kalmar game yesterday. Only around £9 for tickets in standing section, atmosphere was brilliant, really enjoyed it. The game itself wasn't great, Kalmar were very poor and despite only winning 1-0, Malmo were quite comfortable.

I'm going to be down in Newcastle that day, sadly never managed to get tickets.

Looking forward to it more and more as Newcastle struggle. Just hope that the boy organising it actually bought the tickets and hasn't pocketed the cash and done a bunk...

Registered with http://www.footballgroundmap.com/ tonight to see how many I've been to.

Quite handy site for keeping track.

I'm on 109 at the moment.

Cool website. I've been using a spread sheet to keep track of the grounds I've visited! I'm currently trying to do all the SPL/SFL grounds. I've recently done Kilmarnock, Greenock and Queen of the South. Before the end of the season I'll also have St Mirren and Annan off the list too which would leave me with 17 grounds to do.

My next random game then will be Annan v Montrose on the 4th of May.

Certain members of my family seem to think I'm crazy as I often have to do trips to Dumfries and Greenock on my own. If Aberdeen are involved it is fairly easy to find a few folk who fancy going. However finding people who want to leave Aberdeen at 7am and not get back until after midnight for a game in Dumfries is a different matter. I don't drive so I entirely rely on public transport as well but planning and working out how to get to certain grounds is part of the challenge for me.

Once I've done the SPL/SFL grounds I am considering doing the Highland League grounds next.