Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

8 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Always been a rivalry due to opposing politics, however there has been a mutual respect. Atalanta for example rioted against Police after the death of Gabrielle Sandri, the Lazio fan shot dead by Italian police. Lazio have also had banners with "Freedom for our Atalanta enemies" around 2015 after numerous Atalanta Ultras were jailed, and "BOCIA FREE" again a Atalanta Ultra who was jailed. 

In the past year or so the rivalry has started to resurface, and in Frankfurt two weeks ago, Atalanta fans were present (they have an affiliation with Frankfurt) and attacked Lazio fans the evening before the game and tried to attack after the match but the police presence was too high. It was well known that the main faces of the Irriducibili were not travelling to Frankfurt (another protest), so they felt that Atalanta were basically taking the piss. Before the game with Fiorentina (three days after the Frankfurt fixture) Lazio displayed the below banner. Loosely translating to 'In Frankfurt you attacked families, however in Bergamo you are nowhere to  be seen. There will be blades waiting for you in Rome, Atalanta rats" 

Lazio play the home leg of the Frankfurt tie on the  13th December, before going to Bergamo to play Atalanta on the 17th. 

Lazio.png

Atalanta should get a TLDR, banner.

I'm just back from Marine 0 Nantwich 1. They must have lost at least 10 balls over the fences into gardens bordering the ground. Someone must have to go round the doors after the game.

Was going to the Hamilton Accies v Basle UEFA Youth League match last night, but got stuck on the M74 which was closed after Hamilton due to an accident. Bailed at Bothwell services half an hour after the game had kicked off and went home instead. Disappointed, as it finished 2-2 thanks to a last minute Accies equaliser, 4-4 on aggregate and the young Accies won on penalties. Crowd of about 2,500 as well.

10 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Out of curiosity when you go to random matches, with no affiliation to either team, do you go for the home or away ends?

I usually go for the home end, unless I'm with someone who supports the away team and then I'll sit with them. That will be the case when I go to Rangers v Motherwell as I'm going with a Motherwell fan I know (and I previously tried and failed getting tickets for the home end at Ibrox so this is an easier way to tick the ground off as I've never been there yet).

8 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Oh Marten. :( You seem like a good guy too. 

Don't worry, I don't support them. ;)

Just trying to finish the 42 and Ibrox is one of the 12 I haven't been yet. So with Motherwell in the away end will do.

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Just trying to finish the 42 and Ibrox is one of the 12 I haven't been yet. So with Motherwell in the away end will do.

Oh, I know you don't but choosing to go and be amongst them is a definite :thumbsdown.  Away section amongst actual football fans is the only way to do it. Have fun. Best of luck!

35 minutes ago, Marten said:

I've done 37 of the SPFL grounds but will only go if Killie are playing so  might have a wait to complete it.

Managed to take in my first Aarau game of the season tonight. Bottom of the league and at home to top of the league FC Wil.

First half was one of the worst 45 minutes I have witnessed, unable to tell who was top of the league, only because you wouldn’t have thought either was good enough to be bottom, let alone any higher.

Second half was more of the same up until Aarau somehow managed to find an opener. From then on in there was only one team in it, Aarau deservedly finishing it with the last kick of the game making it 2-0.

Heading home to thaw out.

859D62BD-4E48-4B5F-987A-D3CE8C6491DC.jpeg

22 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Out of curiosity when you go to random matches, with no affiliation to either team, do you go for the home or away ends?

in Scotland or England either/or-usually better craic in away ends

in Europe,home ends as it can be difficult enough getting tickets not speaking the lingo without the complication of trying to get into a potentially tightly restricted away end;also,not being that familiar with the supports,you could end up in with a bunch of nutters

On 25/10/2018 at 22:47, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Few of the grounds I go to have segregation so it usually doesn't matter.

Where there has been segregation I've almost always been with the home fans, usually just for convenience, access to more of the ground and better view points. You're also more conspicuous not cheering in the away section than the home. I was among Hearts fans at Cove because I got a ticket at Tynecastle before travelling up, and among Caley Thistle fans at Clyde (in the match when Clyde could've won promotion to the Premier League) just because the main stand was full and that was next nearest.

Of those that do have segregation, I've often never seen the home team play as I've only been for internationals, age-grade matches, women's matches, Junior Cup finals etc. I've never seen the home team at Aberdeen, Montrose, Dumbarton, St Mirren, Stirling Albion, Falkirk, Airdrie and Livingston. Might be others, I can't remember. 

Come to think of it, I've been to Ibrox, Kilmarnock, Broadwood, Tynecastle and Motherwell many times but only seen the home team once at each. Hearts was a European game. My dad took me to Ibrox when I was 12, thank God that never stuck. And I've seen more rugby matches than football at Broadwood and more women's matches than men's at Motherwell.

16 hours ago, Marten said:

I've seen Scotland games, and Scottish Cup and League Cup semis at Ibrox, though I don't expect we'll be seeing any of them there any time soon. 

Heading to Edinburgh United v Jeanfield Swifts this afternoon. New ground for me.

ETA finished 1-1. A lot closer game than I was expecting given the league positions of both teams. 

Don’t let the blue sky in the picture fool you it was freezing.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

Barrow 0 v 2 Barnet, Vanarama National League (formerly known as The Vauxhall Conference!) 1135 in attendance.

Nice (but freezing) day, nice drive, nice views, excellent pitch, utterly dire football game.

On this evidence, anyone that tells you English non league players are better that what we have in the Championship and Lge 1 is delusional (Falkirk scouts anyone?!)

Fairly amusing to see Barrow attempt to play it around at the back, including their goalie, as if they're Man City, but getting nowhere. They were great at giving the ball away. Barnet had some big strong looking skilful guys upfront who would do 5 stepovers before running into a defender.

Both goals from Barrow mistakes, 2nd one a good finish though. Barrow reacted by taking off their most creative player on 37 mins.

20181028_083524.jpg