Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Barrow 0 v 2 Barnet, Vanarama National League (formerly known as The Vauxhall Conference!) 1135 in attendance.

Nice (but freezing) day, nice drive, nice views, excellent pitch, utterly dire football game.

On this evidence, anyone that tells you English non league players are better that what we have in the Championship and Lge 1 is delusional (Falkirk scouts anyone?!)

Fairly amusing to see Barrow attempt to play it around at the back, including their goalie, as if they're Man City, but getting nowhere. They were great at giving the ball away. Barnet had some big strong looking skilful guys upfront who would do 5 stepovers before running into a defender.

Both goals from Barrow mistakes, 2nd one a good finish though. Barrow reacted by taking off their most creative player on 37 mins.

20181028_083524.jpg

That level is horrendous. I lived near the hive for last couple of years and the standard is terrible. 

Serie C Group B: Pordenone 0-1 Fermana.

A wee trip to Friuli for a top of the table clash on a driech Sunday.

The weather didn't seem to harm the crowd much as the main stand was almost sold out and a decent number stood opposite in cheap waterproofs holding umbrellas leading the chants.

Pordenone are nicknamed "The Lizards" and have a very nice set up near the centre of town and a decent support from all demographics. The stadium is notable as the first I've been to which doubles as a velodrome.

The home side were by far the better team in the first half, winning plenty of corners and dominating the midfield. Fermana didn't have a lot to show until one of their players stood on the ball following a corner and won a penalty. Half time 0-1.

In the second half Fermana proceeded to shitfest it and Pordenone struggled to maintain their fluidity. The game had an edge to it from the start and by the seventh time a Fermana player went down injured Pordenone fans and players had had enough. The referee, who wasn't great in general, did a good job of keeping things under control as the Fermana goalkeeper was being held back by his teammates following a head's gone. The injured player started to walk off the pitch with the physio's aid but soon collapsed to the ground again and the stretcher was called for. The resulting abuse from the stands put the Fermana manager and one or two of his subs over the edge and they turned around to shout at the home support.

Pordenone pressed hard but despite a parade of well taken corners never managed to create a clear chance and after six games in Italy I have yet to see the home side win.

The most interesting part of today's game was that each side used five substitutes. I imagine this will soon become the norm in professional leagues.IMG_20181028_162650.jpgIMG_20181028_143557.jpgIMG_20181028_143251.jpg

just booked flights to Valencia £9.99 each way in mid January,at those prices itd be criminal not to.no idea which games ill be going to but theres a whole host of lower league action locally as well as villareal and levante at home(and barca slightly further afield) so hopefully the scheduling will be kind to me,cant wait

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It looks a shite place to watch a game. Especially when behind the goal

That’s the 4/5th time I’ve seen football there and sat in various spots. No doubting it’s a great stadium but quite far away from pitch. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

That’s the 4/5th time I’ve seen football there and sat in various spots. No doubting it’s a great stadium but quite far away from pitch. 

I moved to a different block just before KO as it was really busy where I was and the view wasn't that great, whilst there was a largely empty block not far away. View was good from there, and I had a great view on a fistfight close to me...

Not exactly random but it was a Cup Final. Adelaide United 2 Sydney FC 1 in the FFA Cup Final at Coopers (Hindmarsh) Stadium, attendance 14,448
(capacity 16,500). No photos as my phone played up but here’s Craig Goodwin’s 1st goal. He scored the winner as well.

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

I moved to a different block just before KO as it was really busy where I was and the view wasn't that great, whilst there was a largely empty block not far away. View was good from there, and I had a great view on a fistfight close to me...

We did the same thing :D. Missed the fist fight though ... 

7A51467F-B622-4303-A695-478A82A00EBB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

We did the same thing :D. Missed the fist fight though ... 

You sat very close to me then, lol. It was good entertainment, I almost forgot there was actually a football game going on. ;) 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Big chance we'll again be near each other at a game this season as Whitehill Welfare are on my list of clubs I still want to go to this season.

Depends if 10 miles counts as ‘near’ :lol:

Cold one tonight for ... Broxburn Athletic 2 Preston Athletic 1 in the 

Football Nation East of Scotland  Qualifying Cup 2nd round. The home side are largely on top but are pegged back before winning it heading into the closing stages. Crowd 107.

F1D97AA1-A341-43FA-833B-AE84A42B259F.jpeg

91C85864-DEB1-49FD-A4A5-A71CAA1B2C2B.jpeg

F4DB81BE-67D7-4060-AAFA-4B30C9BDA71F.jpeg

On 23/10/2018 at 12:12, LondonHMFC said:

Just make sure it isn't when they play Lazio. Genuinely fear for any Atalanta fan going to Rome for that this season. 

Frankfurt chairman has asked his fans not to travel to Rome for the return match as he has been told Lazio are out to murder. Somewhat sensationalised, but a statement nonetheless. The Atalanta game a few days later will be very moody if no Frankfurt fans do make the trip to Rome.

20181031_181828.jpg

Carlisle Utd v Newport today. 

ETA - Finished 3-2 to Carlisle United with a screamer from Grainger being the winner. No idea how Newport managed to lose that one. Better team by some way. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute