Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Cove v Forres in the Highland League today.

ETA: Finished 2-0 to Cove. Very comfortable win for Cove who were miles ahead of Forres and if it were not for some great saves from Forres keeper they would have won by a far larger margin. Second visit to the new ground and still not managed to get a beer in the bar or a programme.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

Maidstone United  2-1 Macclesfield Town (FAC1)

watched Maidstone loads at their old London Road ground way back in the 80's, and also football league games at Dartford, but never been to their new Gallagher Stadium until today

first game i've not had to drive to for absolutely ages (can make the trip by train), so managed three pints of Spitfire before the kick off...

IMG_0220.JPG.5c2db0f303ce3fc1083261b37b877ea7.JPG

as this is borderline medway towns, there were the obligatory fat, sour-faced biffas drinking pints of lager with blackcurrant tops...

IMG_0221.JPG.2dc56c8011c4d0b8148a3def889a31d1.JPG

ground was pretty fucking smart - one open side awaiting development, main stand and home terrace were great

fairly poor game, but the train travel and associated boozing made for very fine trip indeed - i'll be back there before too long...

IMG_0223.JPG.8659848f8213d62da83e1773710ddf53.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG.9ae6ec6c11194ddb4b30e2e6c5ad2e16.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG.3ecefd75696a6b3fbd06e8ff88079f21.JPG

Annan Athletic 0-2 Cowdenbeath yesterday. First time I've seen Cowdenbeath this season, they look a lot better than last season. Still a surprising result though. A few Cowdenbeath die hards (or nutters? ) stood in the pouring rain all game. One of them had a Cowden top on and no coat. 20181110_160330.jpg20181110_150353.jpg

Rangers 7-1 Motherwell

I was in the away end where I joined a friend of mine who supports Motherwell. Before the game I told him that they couldn't do as bad as my (Dutch) team Excelsior Rotterdam, who lost 7-1 to Ajax today...

...safe to say I'm not expecting another invitation from him any time soon! 20181111_150047.thumb.jpg.8db5f9ac541ecf9c26f73f2e20d67f85.jpg

6 hours ago, Marten said:

A few Cowdenbeath die hards (or nutters? ) stood in the pouring rain all game. One of them had a Cowden top on and no coat. 20181110_160330.jpg

I see me! Kinda, just about next to the fella standing at the back in the middle.

Nutters is definitely right. That rain was brutal at times and they could have been under cover if they wanted to be. Some boys! 

Hope you enjoyed your day

45 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I see me! Kinda, just about next to the fella standing at the back in the middle.

Nutters is definitely right. That rain was brutal at times and they could have been under cover if they wanted to be. Some boys! 

Hope you enjoyed your day

I did, thank you. I do enjoy trips like this one and seeing different parts off the country. I haven't yet seen much of D&G so this trip gave a nice impression.

I enjoy an occasional trip along the A75 to a Stranraer game. If the weather's with you it can be a great day out, I'd recommend it as a good way to see plenty of D&G. Careful though, it's a brutal drive if the weather's against you!

After the thrill of watching Adelaide United winning the FFA Cup 11 days earlier went along to watch them against Perth Glory in Round 4 of the A-League. Coopers (Hindmarsh) Stadium is a great place to watch football but not when it’s a 4.30 pm kick-off with the temperature around 32C with no cover on 3 sides. VAR controversy in first half when Adelaide awarded a free kick instead of a penalty when ball was handled just inside the box. Glory were worthy 2-0 winners though and top the A-League. Adelaide United play in red and it’s interesting spotting people wearing other teams red or shirts with some red. Yesterday it was the usual amount of Liverpool and Man Utd but also saw 2 people in Middlesbrough tops, 1 Aberdeen, 2 Energie Cottbus, Red Star Belgrade, Olympiakos and not red but somebody wearing a Northampton Town shirt and a couple wearing Fortaleza, Brazil red, blue & white hooped shirts.

IMG_0668.jpgIMG_0669.jpg

Chievo 2-2 Bologna.

My first Serie A match. The two teams combined for less points than Thistle going into this and it was a pretty even match with Bologna definitely the better side in the opening twenty minutes and Chievo pushing hard for the winner towards the end.

Three of the four goals were scored at the far end which is probably nearer the train station than where I was sat. There was a decent atmosphere despite being a mostly empty stadium, the low attendance also made it easy getting in and out, no queues for the toilet and so on.

A decent day out but a fucker of a journey by train and bus. I'll be back at some point.IMG_20181111_150017.jpgIMG_20181111_164240.jpgIMG_20181111_144506.jpgIMG_20181111_144428.jpg

On 11/11/2018 at 14:05, Marten said:

Annan Athletic 0-2 Cowdenbeath yesterday. First time I've seen Cowdenbeath this season, they look a lot better than last season. Still a surprising result though. A few Cowdenbeath die hards (or nutters? ) stood in the pouring rain all game. One of them had a Cowden top on and no coat. 20181110_160330.jpg20181110_150353.jpg

Also at this Marten but not one of the 4 nutters as I was in the seated stand. I know the guy with just the top on he posts in here occassionally.

On 10/11/2018 at 14:06, Jute said:

Cove v Forres in the Highland League today.

ETA: Finished 2-0 to Cove. Very comfortable win for Cove who were miles ahead of Forres and if it were not for some great saves from Forres keeper they would have won by a far larger margin. Second visit to the new ground and still not managed to get a beer in the bar or a programme.

What was the attendance at the Cove game? It looks quite busy.

On 10/11/2018 at 19:43, Herman Hessian said:

Maidstone United  2-1 Macclesfield Town (FAC1)

watched Maidstone loads at their old London Road ground way back in the 80's, and also football league games at Dartford, but never been to their new Gallagher Stadium until today

first game i've not had to drive to for absolutely ages (can make the trip by train), so managed three pints of Spitfire before the kick off...

as this is borderline medway towns, there were the obligatory fat, sour-faced biffas drinking pints of lager with blackcurrant tops...

ground was pretty fucking smart - one open side awaiting development, main stand and home terrace were great

fairly poor game, but the train travel and associated boozing made for very fine trip indeed - i'll be back there before too long...

That's a cracking little stadium for Maidstone. The main stand looks very impressive.

On 12/11/2018 at 09:07, Eednud said:

After the thrill of watching Adelaide United winning the FFA Cup 11 days earlier went along to watch them against Perth Glory in Round 4 of the A-League. Coopers (Hindmarsh) Stadium is a great place to watch football but not when it’s a 4.30 pm kick-off with the temperature around 32C with no cover on 3 sides. VAR controversy in first half when Adelaide awarded a free kick instead of a penalty when ball was handled just inside the box. Glory were worthy 2-0 winners though and top the A-League. Adelaide United play in red and it’s interesting spotting people wearing other teams red or shirts with some red. Yesterday it was the usual amount of Liverpool and Man Utd but also saw 2 people in Middlesbrough tops, 1 Aberdeen, 2 Energie Cottbus, Red Star Belgrade, Olympiakos and not red but somebody wearing a Northampton Town shirt and a couple wearing Fortaleza, Brazil red, blue & white hooped shirts.

What sort of crowd do you get at A-League games? Judging on the very little evidence before me (the backs of some children's heads), it seems like a mainly middle class family day out. Accurate?

What sort of crowd do you get at A-League games? Judging on the very little evidence before me (the backs of some children's heads), it seems like a mainly middle class family day out. Accurate?

Ground capacity around 16,500, crowd at that game was 9,750. Loads of families go to the games. In Adelaide a family (2 adults + 2 children) is $56 (31 pounds). All A-League average crowds here. http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=att&season=2018-19

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 07:11, highlandcowden said:

planning the east Stirlingshire game on Friday,finally tick off TFS which is the only one of the Scottish top 4 div grounds ive not been to

well,managed that along with lochgelly albert-lochore welfare and the second half of hill of beath-musselburgh today

Union Adarve 1:3 Internacional de Madrid

Sunday lunchtime Madrid Derby in Segunda B. Enjoyable game, home side dominated first half but great second half performance from the visitors including two lovely goals and a last minute penalty for some scenes amongst the 40 or so away fans. Decent little set up and a crowd of about 700 I'd say.

IMAG0676.jpg