Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

8 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Do you know what the capacity limit was? I know it’s 500 as standard but you can apply for more in Level 2 areas. 

I’ve ordered a ticket for the Glasgow City v Rangers game on Sunday and was wondering what to expect given they can win the league. Would’ve thought Broadwood could host more than 500 but not sure what crowds Glasgow City would normally expect for a game like that. 

Not sure what the capacity was, but I imagine it was 500. They only said space was limited.

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Where is the best place to find out the fixtures for games at this level?

Has to be the absolutely fantastic https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

You can just pick your date and see every game that day. He's recently started including amateurs so it's ridiculously comprehensive.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Has to be the absolutely fantastic https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

You can just pick your date and see every game that day. He's recently started including amateurs so it's ridiculously comprehensive.

Agreed on this. It's an absolutely invaluable resource for going to games.

On 01/06/2021 at 23:53, ScottR96 said:

Do you know what the capacity limit was? I know it’s 500 as standard but you can apply for more in Level 2 areas. 

I’ve ordered a ticket for the Glasgow City v Rangers game on Sunday and was wondering what to expect given they can win the league. Would’ve thought Broadwood could host more than 500 but not sure what crowds Glasgow City would normally expect for a game like that. 

Sold out, but I don't know if they ever said how many would be put on sale.

Cardross 1-3 Dunoon at Station Park, Cardross. One of the nippiest games I've seen in a long time, absolutely amazing that there was only one red card. Not a game with much quality (although Dunoon's third goal was a beauty) but plenty of entertainment as the players collectively lost their minds at the ref.

20210605_135553.jpg

Cumbernauld Colts 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic. 

Enjoyed this. I thought Colts were by far and away the best team throughout the game and were well worth the 2-0 cushion they had. The 2nd goal in particular was brilliantly worked and even had the Musselburgh fans applauding. Some poor finishing was the only thing that kept Musselburgh in it. Fair play to them though, they got a goal back with a couple of minutes to go and followed it up with an equaliser with literally the last kick of the ball. 

Quite a sizeable contingent through from Musselburgh. Good to see. 

Went for a jaunt to Carnoustie Panmure vs Arbroath HSFP, 3-1 in the end to the Midland League side. The Gowfers should have scored a couple more but struggled to take their chances. Two penalties in each half certainly helped them. Arbroath HSFP drew level with their only real chance of the game just before half time. It was a test event for Panmure so there was only about 40 people in, as they were testing their Covid procedures before their bigger friendlies in the coming weeks.

On 07/06/2021 at 10:24, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Has anybody ever witnessed the demolition of some HUGE chimneys during a game before?

Suppose we've often been warned about the risk of this at Falkirk.

Flora Martyr reporting on a power station exploding during a Sunday league match between Brereton Lions and Dormant is like a sketch from The Day Today.

Haddington Athletic 0-1 Musselburgh Athletic

Decent game and crowd. I like the ground. The game should probably have been a draw, Haddington missed a penalty. The ref was a bit too card happy for a friendly though. Enjoyable trip out. 20210612_144026.jpg20210612_144046.jpg