Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Reading U23 1-1 Stoke City U23
U23 Premier League 2
I didn't have a game for today at first, then I saw this game was on at the Madejski Stadium. I definitely saw some good football. Stoke City definitely had the technically stronger players, but Reading were more physical, making it an interesting clash. Overall, a draw was probably the right result.

4c001394c6079042d54ac842351ea4b6.jpgecc65fdf1097c4d19c8735d2bf0d718f.jpg23151042dd4af9b9d261aeb66769f584.jpg

West Ham United 1-0 Watford
The final game of the 6 in my London trip was also the least attractive. Watford were just defending. When West Ham finally found the breakthrough, Watford had to come forward, but lacked the necessary quality. West Ham saw the game out and deserved their win.
bb2efbdcee66c114e492ec29900903ac.jpg8de7524d90a03ec44e574392155e4b82.jpgf2eea488c24c1855bcad73fb5e002d03.jpg16f7a80304d1f3f607d51e417ff36a9d.jpg

This trip now puts me on 39/92 in England. I started the season on 30. I actually was on 36 or 37, but relegations from League 2, ground moves and Bury's liquidation threw me back a bit.

I'm hoping for another weekend doing a few late in the season, possibly basing myself in another part of the country, like Liverpool / Manchester way. TV fixtures for the last few weeks of the season aren't announced yet, so I'll wait for that when planning.

6 minutes ago, Christophe said:

At a loose end, so bought a ticket for Man City Vs Brentford tonight. Be nice to take in a Premier League game and just relax and enjoy it, been a form of torture this season following Everton

They must be struggling. I got an email inviting me along...for £25.00, unfortunately I'm not in the area this week.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They must be struggling. I got an email inviting me along...for £25.00, unfortunately I'm not in the area this week.

Yeah loads going for £25, they really do struggle to fill that place. I've splashed out on a £30 effort for a slightly better view. You only live once! 

Was a sweaty mess for about the first 20 minutes of the game after that! Was looking for the Sherpas after about the 6th flight 
Yeah, I was there for Newcastle v West Ham (I don't support West Ham, just joined some guys I know who do support them as a poor excuse for a meet up/drink together), that was challenging, lol.

Rangers Women 4-0 Hamilton Academical Women. 

Not a great game, Rangers didn't get out of second gear because they didn't have to. As comfortable as it comes. Most notable moment of the night was Kirsty Howat returning after a year out injured, and scoring on her return.

20220209_210637.jpg

Random Matches You Are Maybe Going To would be more apt, but off to Budapest again on a lads trip 3 weeks tomorrow. Sadly, the Hungarian league is slower than our league to announce TV fixtures! All matches in Hungary are televised, but all kick offs are staggered throughout the weekend to accommodate and as yet, no announcement.

Ferencvaros host Kisvarda, Honved take on Debrecen and Ujpest are at home to Puskas Akademia that weekend. I've been to Ferencvaros before as some might remember on this thread, so Ujpest or Honved would be nice but wouldn't say no to going back to the Groupama Arena as I've got the ID card so would be more straightforward than last time to get into. Reckon Honved vs Debrecen would be the best match for a neutral though.

Arrive in Budapest around 2pm on the Friday, not flying back til quite late on the Sunday. I'd assume they'll try and split the 3 Budapest clubs to 3 seperate days so we should definitely make a game, perhaps even 2. I won't hold my breath on doing all 3. :lol: