Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Dunbar United 1-4 Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale. 

First visit to Dunbar. Nice set up and a good pie. Standard of pie in non league football is far better than at most league grounds. Lothian Thistle probably the better team but not sure they were as far in front as score line suggests. 

BE20FEF3-F923-4857-B735-17A71D2A11EF.jpeg

104BFE0C-FF2E-4F7D-876F-75F78428465D.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Arniston Rangers 2-1 Edinburgh United
My original plan was to go to Hawick today. For the second time in a few weeks I had to change my plans due to Hawick being called off. This time I headed to Newbyres Park as this game was on. Edinburgh United were much stronger in the first 10 minutes or so and should definitely have taken the lead. Then Arniston became stronger and took a 1-0 lead. The guests equalised halfway through the second half, but Arniston replied quickly by scoring a second. Conditions were awful and the pitch was very poor. At half time the ref went out for a pitch inspection and many people, myself included, were thinking the game could well get abandoned. That obviously didn't happen and Arniston deserved their win.
bfefd7e32bc72f0973323dc1b8d4c556.jpgcbc9dc200615a81690eea9225355ca03.jpg839eec0437dbab34cfdf99681b713dab.jpg

Middlesbrough 4-1 Derby County (EFL Championship, 12/02/2022). 

This was great. Brilliant atmosphere, plenty of goals, and Mike Dean refereeing - what more could a man want? I went to the Riverside in December and Boro won then too, so I think I officially now qualify for coveted 'good luck charm' status.

Middlesbrough are just a good team with a very good manager. McNair, Howson and Jones stood out as particularly impressive for the home side. Derby played some decent stuff, and their goal was a terrific strike, but Middlesbrough's shape largely nullified them and they weren't able to do too much with their possession. 

Anyway, some rubbish and entirely random photography from the match: 

IMG_0683.thumb.jpeg.0aa8db65b065ea7b703497487de06f76.jpeg

IMG_0681.thumb.jpeg.7ffea2c3ac347135d31fb410fef3e181.jpeg

IMG_0678.thumb.jpeg.32fa9a7c5cbd1c14e190db74a4d63b64.jpeg

19 hours ago, Marten said:

My original plan was to go to Hawick today. For the second time in a few weeks I had to change my plans due to Hawick being called off. This time I headed to Newbyres Park as this game was on. Edinburgh United were much stronger in the first 10 minutes or so and should definitely have taken the lead. Then Arniston became stronger and took a 1-0 lead. The guests equalised halfway through the second half, but Arniston replied quickly by scoring a second. Conditions were awful and the pitch was very poor. At half time the ref went out for a pitch inspection and many people, myself included, were thinking the game could well get abandoned. That obviously didn't happen and Arniston deserved their win.

I believe you're in this shot 😉
Although I didn't know you were there at the time

R5__9546.thumb.JPG.fb6bfde567f38efffc8e0113dcc4f3bf.JPG

Celtic Women 2-1 Rangers Women. 

A closely fought contest throughout. Rangers fail to make the most of several chances and ultimately two uncharacteristic mistakes from Rangers keeper Jenna Fife see Celtic through to the quarter finals. They'll do it again in the league in two weeks. Will hopefully be able to secure a ticket for that, last Women's Old Firm at Auchenhowie was only open to Rangers season ticket holders and MyGers members, but hopefully they do a public sale this time.

20220213_130525.jpg

Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa (Premier League, 13/02/2022). 

Good atmosphere at this one, even if the game itself was fairly average. Villa were turgid, and they were so, so wasteful in possession. Newcastle didn't have to be brilliant to win, but there were some good individual performances. I actually quite liked the view from the top tier of the Leazes Stand, although it wouldn't be for everyone. 

IMG_0690.thumb.jpeg.d7caa7dbd6006a6eed3f33088fb45f6a.jpeg

IMG_0692.thumb.jpeg.82745dfc3920c0d8c4637408a24a31b2.jpeg

On 12/02/2022 at 19:52, Marten said:

Credit to both sides who gave their all in some of the most difficult conditions I’ve seen in a long time. United were left to rue their missed chances and would have been disappointed with a draw. Couldn’t begrudge Arniston their win though as they took theirs and managed the last 20 minutes very well - where did all the match balls suddenly go lol. 

Wee run over the water to take in Tranmere Rovers 0-2 Vauxhall Motors in the Cheshire FA Cup Quarter-Finals. Rovers put out the kids on account of playing in the league the night before, though I'm sure they probably tend to field a shadow side in this regional tournament anyway.

PXL_20220216_213255397.jpg

Edited by Christophe

On 14/02/2022 at 10:45, Crow said:

Burnley 0-1 Liverpool @ Turf Moor yesterday.

1 hour ago, Crow said:

Inter Milan 0-2 Liverpool @ San Siro last night. 

Since when is the site's biggest self-promoting Liverpool troll going to Liverpool games 'random'? Rab the Roaster must have some set of pics on Div for him to still be on here after his 427th ban. 

Germany 1-1 Spain.

Bit of a road trip today for the Arnold Clark Cup in Middlesbrough. Decent game. Spain took the lead 17 seconds after the break and had most of the game and chances, but Germany broke and grabbed an equaliser with 2 minutes to go. Riverside Stadium is a cracking place to watch a game.

20220217_143420.jpg