Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Harthill Royal 4-5 Vale of Leithen (3-3 HT) @ Gibbshill Park 🌱. EOSFL Division 2. 2.30pm. The home side ahead 1-0 and 3-1 but the visitors 🟡 battled back to lead 4-3. Harthill levelled before James Flynn ⚽⚽⚽️ headed in to win it. A long awaited 3 points for Vale. Crowd 87.

image.png

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

Bonnyrigg Rose Ladies 6-0 Hutchison Vale Women (5-0 HT) @ Poltonhall Recreation Ground 🌱. 2pm. Final pre-season friendly for both sides with the impressive Rose 🌹 racing into a 5-0 lead. Hutchie 🐝 found their feet though and competed well in the 2nd half. Crowd 52.

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

Lochore Welfare 0-2 Camelon

Quick Tuesday night back at Crosshill. For what is fast becoming a favourite League of ours the East First. 

Lochore is a superb ground as often mentioned. Tea in a real cup, nice folk, entry no longer through the club though. As that goes by the away dressing room that may explain it. Some more ground improvements with an extension of the terracing right to the corner. You can see they take care of their own we corner of paradise. 

Camelon had the better of this game and the 2-0 scoreline reflected this. Two cracking goals sends the points back West.

Worse things you can do than spend a night here. Lochore Meadows is great and Central Park is well worth your time.

20240806_190318.jpg

20240806_194957.jpg

20240806_195102.jpg

20240806_203115.jpg

20240806_195529.jpg

20240806_203122.jpg

Peebles Rovers 1 Dalkeith Thistle 1.

A lovely night for a game of football. I was quite chuffed to see this game was on near home on a school night, less chuffed when I got home and found out Linton Hotspur (at the end of my street) had a home game tonight too! Their game was originally scheduled for tomorrow but moved at some point, and I missed the change. Oh well.

The Peebles game was good enough. Dalkeith missed a very good chance to go 2-0 up in the dying moments of the game, Peebles went up the pitch and scored a wonder goal (a Hotshot Hamish volley from about 70 yards).

Very entertaining game, probably a case of two points dropped for Dalkeith though.

At one point I had to go and retrieve a ball from the cricket square, which was being cut by the groundsman. I don’t think he was stopping his lawnmower for me. A near death experience, not had one of those at the football for a while.

IMG_2101.jpeg

Bit of a romp at Crombie Park in the Grill Lge Cup : Cutler 5 Westdyke 0. Battling visitors couldn't hold out despite brave defending throughout, some decent stuff by both sides.Cracking goals in the 2nd half told the difference, enjoyable game.Good pies too ! 20240806_203409.thumb.jpg.55e193f8b7248001bbbb87282b53d20a.jpg20240806_192650.thumb.jpg.a224287f170e22757be11558fc5a39e3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Bit of a romp at Crombie Park in the Grill Lge Cup : Cutler 5 Westdyke 0. Battling visitors couldn't hold out despite brave defending throughout, some decent stuff by both sides.Cracking goals in the 2nd half told the difference, enjoyable game.Good pies too ! 20240806_203409.thumb.jpg.55e193f8b7248001bbbb87282b53d20a.jpg20240806_192650.thumb.jpg.a224287f170e22757be11558fc5a39e3.jpg

Is there a 8yr old playing for Westdyke? That lad in the centre of the first pic looks a wee bit lightweight.

Buckie 1 Fraserburgh 3. im guessing most of last season's champions side have left, otherwise a really poor performance.Both sides constantly gave the ball away, the Jags under threat from a ball over the top - the Broch when Buckie put passes together and moved around (rarely). Deserved victory and the margin should have been bigger, with chances missed in 2nd half. Nice ground and decent crowd.

On 06/08/2024 at 22:01, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Peebles Rovers 1 Dalkeith Thistle 1.

A lovely night for a game of football. I was quite chuffed to see this game was on near home on a school night, less chuffed when I got home and found out Linton Hotspur (at the end of my street) had a home game tonight too! Their game was originally scheduled for tomorrow but moved at some point, and I missed the change. Oh well.

The Peebles game was good enough. Dalkeith missed a very good chance to go 2-0 up in the dying moments of the game, Peebles went up the pitch and scored a wonder goal (a Hotshot Hamish volley from about 70 yards).

Very entertaining game, probably a case of two points dropped for Dalkeith though.

At one point I had to go and retrieve a ball from the cricket square, which was being cut by the groundsman. I don’t think he was stopping his lawnmower for me. A near death experience, not had one of those at the football for a while.

IMG_2101.jpeg

Always enjoy a run down to Peebles. The cricket pitch … I suspect you got a snapshot of a whole lot of politics there 🤣.  

9 hours ago, Crow said:

Always enjoy a run down to Peebles. The cricket pitch … I suspect you got a snapshot of a whole lot of politics there 🤣.  

The late, great Maurice had a foot in both camps but he's not around any more to keep the peace. GBNF

Edinburgh College 0 Edinburgh Community 0 HT. Alex Jack Cup. 

Was initially heading to the Bo’ness game tonight but decided to come here so I could get a bit of peace and quiet. 

I’ve seen worse games and, since nobody was asking for money in the gate, I can hardly complain about value for money.

Edinburgh College are passing it about nicely and, eventually, one of them might even get the notion to put the ball goalwards.

This game moved to Oriam Grass because its neighbour Oriam Plastic is getting a new carpet installed, and its other neighbour Oriam Spaceship is getting used by a billion kids tonight. Nice to have a choice of home venues.

EDIT - finished 6-0 to College. A glut of goals as shot towards the spaceship.

IMG_2109.jpeg

IMG_2112.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC
Game of two halves

Bo'ness Athletic 3-1 Beith Juniors, Scottish Cup Preliminary Round One.

Athletic were the better side, used the wind better than Beith did when it was at their backs and deserved their win. Four goals, two red cards, plenty of action and occasionally some genuinely decent football. The best £7 you can spend in Bo'ness on a Friday night.

Athletic always impress me, they play with width and stretch defences, they can keep the ball on the deck and move it through the middle and they're a well balanced, well connected team. Kilwinning will find it tough here too.

I thought this would attract the groundhopping glitterati but maybe not.

ETA a niggle - I hate when clubs leave extra sets of goals blocking the views, and here's one of the worst offenders. It would kill them to stick them in the corners?

20240809_195250.jpg

Edited by GordonS

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Every time you post Kings Lynn I think it's Irivine Meadow! One day I'll learn

Bit far for me to travel currently.