Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Home game today, and in unrelated news it’s the fifth and final weekend since pay day.

Dalkeith are hosting Kennoway Star Hearts, and disappointingly when I tried to start a chant of Kennoway Kennoway Kennoway (to the tune of Orinoco Flow), frankly, nobody joined in, which was very embarrassing. I haven’t been so embarrassed in Dalkeith since the school disco days of the mid 90s.

Dalkeith have pulled a goal back here early in the second half, the council chambers kop sucking the ball in.

IMG_2304.jpeg

Crossgates Primrose 2-1 Kirkcaldy and Dysart

Local one for us today as we recover from the Groundhopping Outing to the Women's Open yesterday. 

The last time we were here Crossgates put 5 past an incredibly young Dunfermline team. Today is another Fife Derby against the YM. 

In an unusual turn of events all the goals were scored when teams were playing up hill and into the stiff breeze. A 2-0 lead at half time for the hosts was insurmountable for the visitors despite a much improved second half showing. 

The most interesting thing about Humbug Park is it's name. Not from a Dickensophile on the committee but from the Humbug Pits part of the Cuttlehill Colliery that used to he near by. Can also recommend the catering and the friendly welcome you'll receive.

20240824_145534.jpg

20240824_153857.jpg

20240824_153708.jpg

20240824_154636.jpg

20240824_153910.jpg

20240824_154725.jpg

Edited by Groundhopping Adventures

Spartans 0-0 Peterhead League 2. As even as score line suggests although Peterhead could have won it right at the death. Both team played some nice stuff at times but it seemed to fizzle out as soon as it reached either box. The cafe bar at Spartans has had a make over and looks good. 

IMG_0042.jpeg

FA Vase at MoorHouse Lane : Hallen 2 Portishead 2 (pens 1-3) All looked over as the visitors went 20 up , but hosts got back 12 and then see a penalty saved. A better tempo 2nd half saw them level 22 and it was straight to penalties.Some good saves whilst some flew miles over the bar, but a decent game.20240824_1825282.thumb.jpg.01453c79bfcad09f7a71c4f5c65bba30.jpg20240824_170635.thumb.jpg.1efda879b58d3ca8608a42d6a1671a00.jpg

Knightswood 4-1 Royal Albert, West of Scotland League Fourth Division.

That's me been to all of the West of Scotland Football League grounds.

This is my most egregious act of ticking so far though, I should have been at Linlithgow Rose v Albion Rovers but I've got white-line fever. I've been trying to get here for a midweek match for ages but they keep getting moved, so I bit the bullet and gave up a Saturday.

The woman at the gate must have seen me taking a picture because she asked me "Are you a groundhopper?" I sheepishly replied that I suppose I must be and she asked if I was Ian. I was confused. She said she didn't know what a groundhopper is, but someone called Ian and describing themselves as such emailed them ahead of the game to say that they were coming. Neither of us were sure what they were supposed to do with this information.

We got chatting and she told me the club have an agreement with the council to build a proper ground on a disused pitch at Yoker Sports Centre, which will have a couple of spectator stands and be a home for their many youth teams. They hope to be in for next season. That will be a huge improvement on what is the least appealing of all the 3G cages, with viewing limited to one half along one touchline. The rail is made of white plumbing pipes and falls over if you so much as look at it. No hot food, although they make an effort with hot drinks and a tuck shop.

The game itself was very watchable with some really good goals. Knightwood's captain and number 6, Darren Miller, can play a bit, dictating much of the match from a deep midfield position and scoring a beautiful free-kick over the wall and into the near post. Royal Albert are in a bit of bother and after today are bottom of the pyramid. 

20240824_135946.jpg

20240824_140716.jpg

20240824_135120.jpg

20240824_140113.jpg

20240824_145844.jpg

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Knightswood 4-1 Royal Albert, West of Scotland League Fourth Division.

That's me been to all of the West of Scotland Football League grounds.

This is my most egregious act of ticking so far though, I should have been at Linlithgow Rose v Albion Rovers but I've got white-line fever. I've been trying to get here for a midweek match for ages but they keep getting moved, so I bit the bullet and gave up a Saturday.

The woman at the gate must have seen me taking a picture because she asked me "Are you a groundhopper?" I sheepishly replied that I suppose I must be and she asked if I was Ian. I was confused. She said she didn't know what a groundhopper is, but someone called Ian and describing themselves as such emailed them ahead of the game to say that they were coming. Neither of us were sure what they were supposed to do with this information.

We got chatting and she told me the club have an agreement with the council to build a proper ground on a disused pitch at Yoker Sports Centre, which will have a couple of spectator stands and be a home for their many youth teams. They hope to be in for next season. That will be a huge improvement on what is the least appealing of all the 3G cages, with viewing limited to one half along one touchline. The rail is made of white plumbing pipes and falls over if you so much as look at it. No hot food, although they make an effort with hot drinks and a tuck shop.

The game itself was very watchable with some really good goals. Knightwood's captain and number 6, Darren Miller, can play a bit, dictating much of the match from a deep midfield position and scoring a beautiful free-kick over the wall and into the near post. Royal Albert are in a bit of bother and after today are bottom of the pyramid. 

20240824_135946.jpg

20240824_140716.jpg

20240824_135120.jpg

20240824_140113.jpg

20240824_145844.jpg

Christ. There's some cages even worse than the other cages? 

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Well, I'm a bit of a groundhopper but there are some right groundhopping w@nkers- based on previous experience the protocol would have been to give Ian a teamsheet for nothing, don't expect Ian to buy anything like a programme or a raffle ticket and to put out a red carpet of welcome as Ian has deigned to visit your club. Just don't expect him to put his hand in his pocket. 

I could be doing Ian a disservice here. Me, I always tend to buy a raffle ticket. programme and a badge if there's one. 

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Well, I'm a bit of a groundhopper but there are some right groundhopping w@nkers- based on previous experience the protocol would have been to give Ian a teamsheet for nothing, don't expect Ian to buy anything like a programme or a raffle ticket and to put out a red carpet of welcome as Ian has deigned to visit your club. Just don't expect him to put his hand in his pocket. 

I could be doing Ian a disservice here. Me, I always tend to buy a raffle ticket. programme and a badge if there's one. 

^^^ Ian’s wife imo.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

^^^ Ian’s wife imo.

you're a bit optimistic if you think these hopper types have wives. Even hackitt chain smoking ones who light their fags aff the cooker. 

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Absolutely gone at the Lino’s uniform.

IMG_1587.jpeg

They're trialling new IFAB laws. All Assistant Referees are to be wearing that from next season. 

Kings Lynn Town 1-2 Peterborough Sports

Att: 1380 

No bank holiday joy for the Linnets today. Not a lot in the game really. Peterborough scoring two good goals with their only efforts on target. A well worked goal late on gave the home fans something to cheer about but no equaliser was forthcoming.