Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Scumnock is an absolute dump best to be avoided at all costs. Followed by the 2012 Royal Highland show camp site which this year resembled a Bangladeshi flood zone refugee camp.

Im from new cumnock and its worse than cumnock, it was on Britains toughest villages, since thatcher shut all the pits round about it , its been in fast decline and getting worse, have a view for yourself

Im from new cumnock and its worse than cumnock, it was on Britains toughest villages, since thatcher shut all the pits round about it , its been in fast decline and getting worse, have a view for yourself

Obligatory ned in a Rangers top :lol:

Even in the West Lothian area you have loads of places that make Boness look like Monaco. I give you Bridgend, Whitecross, Addiewell, Stoneyburn, Blackridge (hand gun fee zone apparently ), Fauldhouse,Polbeth, parts of Whitburn, Blackburn and Broxburn. Then in Livi you have Dedridge, Knightsridge and Craigshill.

Fauldhouse is a beautiful place! Also, parts of Whitburn? Whitburn is a complete shitehole, the bits that haven't been burnt down already anyway.

Vote for the north section of Edinburgh ( from west to east) Muirhouse, Drylaw, Pilton, Royston, Wardieburn, Granton.

Edinburgh is money rich but these schemes are really bad. Far worse than Craigmiller or Hailesland.

Coatbridge, Larkhall, Stonehouse, Carluke, Craigneuk, Lesmahagow.

Lanarkshire is surely the most bleak and depressing place in the British isles.

I grew up in Craigneuk and Wishaw, moved away about 17 years ago and only go up to Wishaw now to see my gran, and what a shithole it is, even worse than it was when i lived there,

i've lived in Girvan for the guts of 12 years and this place aint much better, it's really went downhill in the past few years, another shithole!!!

Yep... i had a mate from there and stayed at his years ago one night after a night out in aberdeen. Frightening... up there with some of the worst schemes in glasgow IMO

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this ridiculous statement.

Oooh the Hillfoots all taking a bashing in the last couple of pages, let me stick up as a resident of Alva.

Mentrie, Alva and Tillicoultry are all very mixed bags which is surprising considering the size of the place - there are very nice bits of all three, and there are bits that are full of jakies and neds. Alva for example has an area of council houses that look like late 40's prefab's and then several mansions as you head towards the hills. Alloa is the same although the worse bits tend to be worse, although I'm not sure I've found any redeeming features to Sauchie yet.

I've never seen any sign of social depravation in Dollar so I don't know why they got a mention - yeah it's full of posh fuds but you'd never be in any danger walking through it. In fact, on the main streets you're pretty safe in all the Hillfoots towns.

Edited by Mushroom

I forgot about the Beirut of Lothian, Kirkliston.

Yeah I agree. That is a dull little place. Used to go to the sports centre there to play 5s with some boys from the next village along, Winchburgh (mentioned a few posts up), always ended with a scuffle, eventually Edinburgh leisure suspended us for a bit. One of my mates got chased out of Kirkliston with a metal pole once, he's also banned from the local bowls club.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this ridiculous statement.

Yeah, Torry is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

The only place in Aberdeen that I've felt genuinely unsafe is Tillydrone/Seaton. It just seems like every other person you walk past in the street wants to do you harm.

I would also avoid the beach area at night.

Yeah, Torry is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

The only place in Aberdeen that I've felt genuinely unsafe is Tillydrone/Seaton. It just seems like every other person you walk past in the street wants to do you harm.

I would also avoid the beach area at night.

Even Tilly / Seaton's nae too bad. Being right next door to the uni, I had a couple of mates who had a flat in there and it seemed fine, during the day at least. Seaton Park can be a bit dodgy at night I've hear though as students can find out first hand by taking the usual shortcut through to Hillhead Halls which is otherwise fine and rather nice.

Naturally Aberdeen has it's more deprived bits seeing as where there's super-rich then there's bound to be some poor places but they're absolutely nothing compared to what the Central Belt has to offer. The general gist from most mates who have lived in Aberdeen all of their lives is that 'The Logie' next to the Haudagain and Hayton are the worst bits that they can think of and even they're pretty tame. Maybe it's just the folk that stay there making it a drugs-den or whatever though. Just cause you stay there doesn't mean that you're in poverty or a total minker, it's just that you can't afford the high rents elsewhere and would still be seen as 'well off' in the eyes of those down south in Howatshaws, Mountblow, Niddrie etc. Most of these folks are probably in work but are on normal paid by the hour wages in a city which has the best economy in the UK after London. The associated problem with that however is that there's enough money floating about for a bigger drug problem to be present.

Can't mind if I said anything about it earlier in the thread (I can't be arsed checking), but I once pulled Scout Christmas Post duty for Craigmillar and Niddrie in Edinburgh about 15 years ago. Naturally this involved having to go into the tenements/flats with junkies sleeping in the stairwells etc, that being if you could actually get into them as having a working buzzer seemed to be a luxury. At one point I delivered a card to a pile of rubble and another to a front door with planks of wood nailed over the door. Most people I met seemed like nice enough people though.

Edit: just tried to a streetmap trip down memory lane and can only find nice looking modern houses. Have most of the Craigmillar / Niddrie shiteholes been torn down and redeveloped or something??? huh.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Was through in Grangemouth over the weekend to see Killie get pumped by the mighty Livi.

The place stinks (is it a BP Plant or something there?) The town centre was completely desolate with only a handful of shoppers pottering about on a Saturday afternoon.

Hope to never return.

Considering I'm originally from Killie, that's saying something.