Snooker

RedWeb

On 16/11/2023 at 17:27, DannyBlue said:

Is anyone going to the Scottish Open next month? I got my dad a ticket for his birthday and going along for a full day's play. Never been to a snooker event in my life and I'm really looking forward to it.

I went several years ago, it was one of the first days and pretty quiet, but I really enjoyed it. Saw a few top players on the TV table (incl Higgins who was brilliant live).

Hope you and your old man enjoy it.

Hey look Ronald's having a whinge again Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Robert Milkins 6-5 to reach UK Championship quarter-finals - BBC Sport

"I had to grind out another win for my sins. It's a crazy game, it still torments me after 30 years," O'Sullivan told BBC Sport.

"I thought he deserved to win. I couldn't feel anything, I was just all over the show. I haven't got a clue any more, I don't understand how this game works.

"I gave up a long time ago, I just keep turning up and stinking out gaffs. I stunk it out today and I'll probably stink it out tomorrow."

"Mentally it's hard for me. I'm not going to kill myself out there, but I still want to play," added O'Sullivan, who has never lost to Milkins in a ranking tournament.

"I just can't be bothered any more. I just don't want it bad enough, that's the problem.

"I'm having to dig deep, whereas when I was younger I didn't have to did deep and I was so hungry.

"Now I don't really care any more. Competitive sport is really hard, it's not always about how good you are, it's about how much you want it."

Watching the snooker on BBC this week, last few years I always watched Eurosport, but I've let my sub lapse.

Why do the commentators feel they need to explain every fucking shot ? We can see what the shot is, what the options are etc. 😒

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Murphy said he has "the yips" in his last match so I don't think it's deliberate. He's done well to get this far, considering.

Never heard of that. Had to Google it. 

Some frame that between Williams and Ding. 4-4, could be a late night. 

14 hours ago, GiGi said:

Great stuff from Ding. Hope he hammers that fucking tit tomorrow.

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you.jpg.52743828cee22f64e37d64e3043d9d63.jpg

Ding the form player going into this today I'd say. If he's going to do it, today's the day.