Snooker

RedWeb

Kyren Wilson is a giant wetwipe. Jak Jones is called Jak. I am convinced "Dave Gilbert" doesn't exist and everybody just has a mass hallucination every year and imagines a guy. Ballrun for another title, please.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Anyone but Bald Run, please. Former champions are boring.

I actually fell asleep while typing "Dave Gilbert", there's nothing more boring than that possibility.

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Has Ronnie told the media he doesn't care and that every modern player is shite yet?

You must’ve seen his discussion points from his Saudi presser alongside the ‘Class of 92’.

I find it refreshing it's a bit different this semi final lineup. Gilbert has done well but a step up in quality against Wilson.

Fair Play to Jak Jones, great win over Trump, who despite the BBC's protests, is well below the level of a Davis, Hendry or Ronnie. He's probably on the third tier in terms of greats of the game, albeit time on his hands.

I don't mind old Ballrun and he's played so well, I'd fancy him to make the final, likely against Wilson. I think Wilson on his game can win, but I'd trust Bingham more on bottle, so would be interesting. Getting a bit ahead of myself though, looking forward to the semis.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, that's the one. I get that the role of announcer requires someone who loves the sound of their own voice, but he's broken my cringeometer this fortnight.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/articles/c84zqkqwpq2o

He just can't help himself being a prime knobber, can he?

It's funny how much is being made of "the greatest act of sportsmanship in the history of everything", and how little is being mentioned of his patronising "Just chill" comment to the referee

That ref is a clown, hoping they have someone else lined up for the final. Every time there is a miss and the balls are replaced, it is an absolute circus watching him trying to get the balls in the right place

33 minutes ago, Spyro said:

That ref is a clown, hoping they have someone else lined up for the final. Every time there is a miss and the balls are replaced, it is an absolute circus watching him trying to get the balls in the right place

Chill.