Snooker

RedWeb

12 year ban and a £40k fine report the bbc meaning that Stephen would be 50 by the time he can play in any sanctioned WPBSA competition. So career over.

I wonder if he will launch an appeal.

Edited to include the ruling and the WPBSA Statement.

One interesting point in the report was

As set out in the Decision dated 16 September 2013, it is not established that Mr Lee deliberately lost a match when he could and should have won it. Rather it is established, on the balance of probabilities, that Mr Lee acted improperly in relation to matches that he either believed he would lose, or that he believed he would win sufficiently comfortably that he could drop the first frame. That is still a breach of Rule 2.9. I concluded that Mr Lee did not strike me as a cynical cheat, but rather as a weak man who under financial pressure, succumbed to the temptation to take improper steps that he may well have justified to himself as not really wrong, because the ultimate result of the match, win or lose, was the same.

Its also noted that an appeal is expected.

Cheating b*****d :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Edited by meanmistermustard

I'm not really an avid fan of snooker or anything, watch some of the bigger tournaments and stuff, but reading all the stuff about Lee, I haven't actually read anything that details the evidence against him - does anyone have a link to a decent article that outlines the case against him? Cheers

Will he be able to just take up pool or do the respective authorities work together to ban him from all cue sports?

From what I've read he would be able to take up pool.

He's releasing a statement tomorrow (Friday), lodging an appeal and declaring his innocence. Not that surprising since he has no career prospects, no money coming in and some stories suggesting he is experiencing financial difficulties again. Must cost a lot to feed himself, wife and kids.

Edit: seems he's already started, he's the new All Ireland 9-Ball Champion 2013 winning £500 and a trophy (the same as what he probably got for missing a blue in snooker previously).

Edited by meanmistermustard

• 2 months later...

Neil Robertson is a jobby. Clicking his fingers like a big diva because someone in the crowd was moving. Just say 'sit still' Nelly.

Unfortunately he's looking awesome right now. Rather him than O'Sullivan if he goes on to win the event I suppose.

Someone needs to get Dennis Taylor to shut up about Stuart Bingham winning four frames in a row, he's going on about it as if its the greatest sporting comeback ever.

After being reminded of how bad ITV's commentary of snooker was i thought the BBC was miles ahead but Thorne, Taylor and Virgo are so fucking annoying.

I thought it was his wife or girlfriend - wasn't listening to the commentary.

Was the maw.

Selby is a bottler in so many of these finals. Had it all his way and threw it away big time in the 2nd session. Robertson is the best player in the world right now anyway, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

So who are we fancying for the masters?

Just watched the selby Higgins highlights and it seems selby is pulling to magnificent shots to get himself out of tricky situations, but he is still too often putting himself in those situations, still I reckon he has a very good shot at the title, then again I haven't seen o'sullivan play yet who will always be favourite if his head is in the game.

O'Sullivan currently giving Selby a damn good thrashing in the Final (8 - 1). Delightful seeing Selby getting thumped and the commentary team are currently avoiding their normal Ronnie wankfest. Ronnie the whole way thru has been immense, the same as last year's World Championships where he was never troubled despite his time away from the game.

• 1 month later...