Snooker

RedWeb

I believe he was very fortunate to escape a life ban, especially as his manager was banned for life.

Happy to agree to disagree though.

Regardless of whether he's a good guy or not, I like to see new players do well and so him winning a fifth title would've been the most boring option, IMO. Glad he's out either way.

Higgins and Mooney were equally to blame but Higgins put all the blame on his manager. Higgins should have got a life ban and I am delighted he has been knocked out.

Looks like McManus has forgotten how to play. Ding well in control here.

ETA: To be fair, Ding is playing very well. McManus has barely had a look it.

Edited by Ross.

The odds on Ding were something ridiculous like 1/8, so I stuck it on a -5.5 frames instead. Even with him clawing back 2 frames, it looks like a safe bet. 

I think you're right. Ding is gonna piss all over McManus. 

Watching Selby v Fu on the red button, Virgo has come out with "where's the cue ball going" 3 times in less than 10 minutes!!

Aye, even his co-commentator was lightly taking the piss out of him about it. It's probably time to hang up your microphone when you're getting out-bantered by Willie Thorne. 

Quick question ... hark back to the days of Big Break. Did Ronnie O'Sullivan ever make an appearance? If he did, you'd be thinking "you dancer". Whereas if Peter Ebdon turned out to be your mystery snooker player, you'd probably just say "ah f**k it. Just let me do JV's trick shot the now to be done with it". 

If Ding continues his form he'll pish it against any of the remaining players. You won't stop him if he shows up.

Gotta love Angles though. I hope he gets himself back into it. It's a long match so 6-2 isn't insurmountable just yet.

As long as the winner of this match wins the final too ill be happy.

I don't think anyone could live with Ding the way he was playing in the opening frames of the match. However, credit to McManus for hanging in there. I do feel bad losing my coupon on Higgins in the previous round, but I'm definitely rooting for McManus now. There is no reason for him to be worried about Selby. Should he face him in the final.

I suspect the last frame of the session just broke the back of McManus in that match. He had Ding a bit rattled for a while but he was wasteful with the chances he was presented. 

That said I thought Ding had the luck at the most crucial times too. I'd love to see McManus reach the final but Ding would be my second choice to win it so it wouldn't be a bad result.