Snooker

RedWeb

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Do they normally have any returns? We are in Sheffield for two nights so was wondering if it was worth chancing my arm to see if I could get a ticket for another session while I'm there?

Yeah, a couple of folk I know went down last year without any tickets for any sessions, they were just wanting to bne in and around the crucible and winter gardens during the championship but they managed to get tickets for a few sessions when down there. I think they are planning on doing the same this year. Even if you don't, there is much more going on around the venue than a normal event.

As long as it's around the first round, maybe even into the second you will probably be able to pick up a couple tickets for another session.

This year the tickets for 2019 will go on sale in the crucible box office desk on the first day of the final if you are still down when that happens. The first day it is only the crucible box office desk and in person, the second day of the final is when it is opened up to online and phone bookings.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Mark Allen does his usual bottle job, missing a  simple red in the final frame decider v Mark Williams, to take his Crucible qualification out of his own hands.

I'm thinking of going to the crucible next year; what kind of puts me off is the thought of having to watch certain players but just being there would be fantastic.

Edited by meanmistermustard

5 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Mark Allen does his usual bottle job, missing a  simple red in the final frame decider v Mark Williams, to take his Crucible qualification out of his own hands.

I'm thinking of going to the crucible next year; what kind of puts me off is the thought of having to watch certain players but just being there would be fantastic.

Remember and wear an obscure shitty English team’s fitba top and sit near the front to get yourself noticed.

Or get @Div. to commission a special Pie and Bollocks tshirt for you.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Remember and wear an obscure shitty English team’s fitba top and sit near the front to get yourself noticed.

Or get @Div. to commission a special Pie and Bollocks tshirt for you.

I'll wear one of those unfunny twattish hats so Willie Thorne can have 10 minutes of laughter whilst Dennis Taylor bores everyone with some rambling memory from 1985.

4 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

I'll wear one of those unfunny twattish hats so Willie Thorne can have 10 minutes of laughter whilst Dennis Taylor bores everyone with some rambling memory from 1985.

If you see the guy with the 1980's Coventry top, tell him I think he's an attention seeking twat. He's there every year and he's either minging or he's got multiple strips!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2018 at 15:12, microdave said:

If you see the guy with the 1980's Coventry top, tell him I think he's an attention seeking twat. He's there every year and he's either minging or he's got multiple strips!

Apparently they've banned football tops this year. Under the guise of avoiding rival fans kicking off but hopefully just to get it up that fanny. 

Adults in replica shirts is cringeworthy unless playing 5s.

No long now. We've never had a TV in our bedroom before but the wife bought one at the weekend to avoid the two and a half weeks of snooker.

World Snooker doing decent coverage of the final round of qualifiers yesterday and today, Graeme Dott currently in a right battle to qualify with Mike Dunn - 

Edited by ShaggysBeard

First round draw

Mark Selby v Joe Perry

Mark Allen v Liam Highfield

Kyren Wilson v Matthew Stevens

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones

John Higgins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski

Luca Brecel v Ricky Walden

Judd Trump v Chris Wakelin

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong

Anthony McGill v Ryan Day

Marco Fu v Lyu Haotian

Barry Hawkins v Stuart Carrington

Mark Williams v Jimmy Robertson

Neil Robertson v Robert Milkins

Ali Carter v Graeme Dott

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stephen Maguire

On a good day Joe Perry can be a right battle for anyone, if not for the top players it's often a piece of piss. Same can be said for Maguire who Ronnie has been drawn against. Carter v Dott is to be avoided.

Considering his recent form, Liang Wenbo is one of the more surprising omissions and that was a 10-0 defeat to Jamie Jones.

Roll on Saturday. 

Few interesting ones. You could argue that with McGill v Day the qualifier is probably edging it as favourite.

I like Lyu Haotian to beat Marco Fu. Haotian was very good in the qualifiers and Fu has had laser eye treatment mid-season and hasn't played a tournament since the Masters in early January where he got horsed 6-0 by O'Sullivan in the first round.

I'm going to stick on a wee coupon later of the qualifiers I think that will get through their ties. Haotian, Lisowski, Dott and Day is paying 21.15/1 on bet365.

I can't remember how it worked now. I think I sat in the correct seat till the first mid-session interval, then sat nearer the back where I could see both tables. The crucible is fairly steep seating so when you are up the back movement isn't so much of an issue.

You do get to move around between frames depending where you are in the theatre, obviously if you are front and centre then you cannot move unless play has stopped on both tables which is unlikely to happen often, and in any case you could watch both tables from there.