Snooker

RedWeb

Neither of them like the other. Carter is an absolute dick and Ronnie can be too, especially when he's playing badly and losing.
Would be most amusing if the match was abandoned in a final frame decider due to the two kicking the shit out of each other whilst Dennis Taylor prattles on about the pressure at the Crucible.

Have they showed Dennis Taylors 85 black ball finish yet?

On 27/04/2018 at 17:31, meanmistermustard said:

Of the ex-players who have recently started commentating Ebdon is annoying me a lot. If a player goes in-off Ebdon claims he is desperately unlucky whilst every half-decent pot is brilliant. No wonder Ebdon played on when requiring 42 snookers and took 3 weeks to compile a break of 5.

Ebdon’s commentating now? :lol: Suffering Christ. 

I’d be happy for Mark Allen to win it. Ding is on cracking form in this tournament and probably won’t have a better chance to win the WC. I’d be happy for anyone other than Carter or Trump to win it tbh, beating Mark Williams in the final preferably. He’s another I can’t take to.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He's a cheating twat who should have been banned. Regardless of that, I'd rather have a new champion anyway, so I also want Williams out.

No he isn't. 

Anyway he's looking pretty good for it so far. But Ding is in some form. 

I'll leave the Higgins is a cheat argument now as I think we've had the same debate on here about a dozen times... usually started by me!

Ding looking good, as you say. Had a tenner each way on him at the start of the tournament so fingers-crossed.

32 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why do folk not like Carter?

Me and him (and a few others I guess) suffer from crohn's disease - and therefore I've always felt a connection. He also overcame cancer (I think).

Why the hate?

I respect Carter a whole lot. He's dealt with more health problems as a young man than any human should have to suffer in a lifetime and has bounced back every time. 

I also think he's always had an attitude and massive chip on his shoulder - even before the cancer and going public about Crohn's disease. 

So I don't like him much as a person - for all we see of him as a tv personality - but also respect him for overcoming a tough few years of his life and still being a top pro.