Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

The British Board of Deputies and other such organisations have always been quick to attack people who claim non-Israeli Jews have more loyalty to Israel than their countries of birth.

Yet the family of a young, British Israeli soldier have just substantiated such a claim.

His brother Eliot Young told Sky News: "Nathanel always had strong Jewish pride. From a young age he has always wanted to play an important role in defending his country - it's something he talked about a lot."

Guest DannyBlue

I mean Rachel Riley basically has said she called the police to speak to them because she saw people dancing with a flag. She's equated this to a threat to her based on religion but she hasn't demonstrated that any bad behaviour was carried out only that they 'appeared to be celebrating' and the decided it was driven by antisemitism. Maybe they are antisemites who were celebrating but none of that has been established but the press has picked it up and ran with it ans Braverman is now posturing like usual.

Imagine Riley was Muslim and the people had an Israeli flag. I think the reaction would be different and that to me lies at the heart of what irritates me so much about this conflict. The behaviours are not judged on the merit of whether or not they are bad or morally wrong but instead are first filtered through prejudices based on who is carrying them out. It's unconstructive and it further entrenches the hatred that has fueled this conflict for decades.

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Also galling that Zelenskyy is supporting Israel.

That’s simple geopolitics. ‘Murica and NATO is behind Israel, therefore Ukraine is so as to not give any excuses to delay/reduce aid. Additionally, Iran supports Hamas and Russia, and its Iranian drones that Ukraine is blasting out of the sky daily.

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

The latest attacks from Hamas against civilians is not legitimate though, now they are at war perfectly acceptable for them to be killing soldiers. 

Both sides of this conflict have for a very long time been killing civilians.

I’m not suggesting that the wanton killing of civilians by Hamas is anything other than horrific, but it’s quite telling that certain people use this as an example of why the Palestinians are evil and that Israel should be given any support necessary yet turn a blind eye when the IDF use journalists or Palestinian kids as target practice.

There is a lot of hypocrisy and a massive double standard when it comes to attitudes around violence in this particular conflict.

8 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

I mean Rachel Riley basically has said she called the police to speak to them because she saw people dancing with a flag. She's equated this to a threat to her based on religion but she hasn't demonstrated that any bad behaviour was carried out only that they 'appeared to be celebrating' and the decided it was driven by antisemitism. Maybe they are antisemites who were celebrating but none of that has been established but the press has picked it up and ran with it ans Braverman is now posturing like usual.

Imagine Riley was Muslim and the people had an Israeli flag. I think the reaction would be different and that to me lies at the heart of what irritates me so much about this conflict. The behaviours are not judged on the merit of whether or not they are bad or morally wrong but instead are first filtered through prejudices based on who is carrying them out. It's unconstructive and it further entrenches the hatred that has fueled this conflict for decades.

Riley is a c**t.  BTW that’s not new or surprising.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah, he's hardly going to oppose Israel and further risk pissing off American legislators who can't wait for an excuse to stop sending cash and weapons.

Well we will just mark it up as twenty out of ten on the irony scale.

7 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Imagine looking to fairytales to try and enforce your nations’ right to expand its’ borders.

All nations use 'fairytales' to justify their existence, so your Poundland Dawkins routine is even worse analysis than usual. 

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s simple geopolitics. ‘Murica and NATO is behind Israel, therefore Ukraine is so as to not give any excuses to delay/reduce aid. Additionally, Iran supports Hamas and Russia, and its Iranian drones that Ukraine is blasting out of the sky daily.

Basically agree but think claiming all of NATO is behind Israel is a bit of a stretch. Turkey?

Edit: not entirely sure that news is genuine yet but basic point is that I don't think it's safe to assume Washington and Ankara are on the same page.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

IMG_1726.thumb.jpeg.4a073aedfec5ddf3e9347dc776d127f9.jpeg

The exhaust blew. Fortunately only 50 yards from the house, but I brought it in like a winged Lancaster Bomber. It would put the fear of God into both sides if I drove it about Gaza.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Also galling that Zelenskyy is supporting Israel.

Iran is pro Putin, Ukraine are dependent on Munitions & support from the US & It's allies. I am not saying it is right but what choice does he have there.

Edited by Moomintroll

At least 260 bodies found at music festival, says rescue service

Israeli rescue service Zaka says at least 260 bodies have been removed from a music festival that came under Hamas attack.

Video aired by Israeli news outlets showed dozens of festival goers running through an open field as gunshots rang out. 

Many hid in nearby fruit orchards or were gunned down as they fled. 

The death toll is expected to rise as paramedic teams continue to work in the area. 

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-latest-hamas-fighters-on-the-ground-after-5-000-rockets-fired-jerusalem-attacks-gaza-strip-targets-and-calls-up-reserves-12978800?postid=6554340#liveblog-body

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The exhaust blew. Fortunately only 50 yards from the house, but I brought it in like a winged Lancaster Bomber. It would put the fear of God into both sides if I drove it about Gaza.

I am happy to crowd fund that.  Will stick in a fiver myself.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Basically agree but think claiming all of NATO is behind Israel is a bit of a stretch. Turkey?

Edit: not entirely sure that news is genuine yet but basic point is that I don't think it's safe to assume Washington and Ankara are on the same page.

Fair enough, I always forget Turkey…plus a couple of others aren’t fully on board.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Apparently fake subtitles.