Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Poorly worded by me but when Britain left and partition happened, many Palestinians lost their homes.

It's not as if they accidently mislaid them.

They were forced to leave.

Edited by beefybake

16 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Middle Eastern leaders starting to pull out of meetings with Biden now. Looks like the situation might be spiralling unless the Americans decide to put Israel on a leash.

I'm not sure Israel can be put on a leash tbh.

Netanyahu and his cronies only have one move available to them. Which is to plough on regardless. After the colossal intelligence failure anything else will be seen as weakness for the strongman. It's compunded by the fact that Israel doesn't recognise the ICC either, much the same as Russia in that regard.

France24 reporters have looked into a clip the Israeli Defence Force posted earlier and have concluded that the Israeli soldiers shoot 4 people who are unarmed and have surrendered in the clip. 

Bidens meeting tomorrow will have some agenda if they are going to try and get things back from the brink.

Israel blatantly committing the most appalling crime and then pretending it was the other side is straight out of the Putin playbook.

If Hamas had access to missiles capable of that kind of damage, then they would have been launching them at Israel long before now.

Hopefully Netanyahu finds himself up in The Hague one day, but that will never happen.

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure Israel can be put on a leash tbh.

Netanyahu and his cronies only have one move available to them. Which is to plough on regardless. After the colossal intelligence failure anything else will be seen as weakness for the strongman. It's compunded by the fact that Israel doesn't recognise the ICC either, much the same as Russia in that regard.

Would you like to buy a bridge? 

For the Israeli explanation to be credible you'd have to believe that an Islamic Jihad rocket was fired from southern Gaza with the intention of hitting Haifa, an awful long way, and accidentally dropped early and hit a Hamas arms cache on the roof of a major hospital in Gaza City. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For the Israeli explanation to be credible you'd have to believe that an Islamic Jihad rocket was fired from southern Gaza with the intention of hitting Haifa, an awful long way, and accidentally dropped early and hit a Hamas arms cache on the roof of a major hospital in Gaza City. 

I'm sure it will be good enough for most major news outlets

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure it will be good enough for most major news outlets

I'm quite surprised by how balanced the mainstream broadcasters in both the UK and US have attempted to be. I'd say the Palestinian and Israeli perspectives have been closer to equal in terms of time on air than ever before. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm quite surprised by how balanced the mainstream broadcasters in both the UK and US have attempted to be. I'd say the Palestinian and Israeli perspectives have been closer to equal in terms of time on air than ever before. 

It's a tightrope though, given it's so big and so dangerous. It would be foolish for them to plant their feet in one camp or the other given the potential consequences.

Going to start a campaign to get Lawrence Fox back on.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Media, at least the more serious outlets, have been much better than politicians' statements in UK and USA.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

I also think that if the MSM were looking to be objective they would frame questions the way @Dunning1874 has in the post above.