Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's a strong claim, but we shouldn't ever confuse anti-Israeli Government sentiment with anti-Semitism.  In the same way that the USA, the UK and many other countries automatically default to a position of 'Israel, Right or Wrong', then we can't simply tag any criticism of that Government as anti-Semitic.

There is a large percentage of the Israeli population who strongly disagree with Netanyahu's suitability for office, never mind his policies, and I'd guess that few of them would describe themselves as anti-Semites.  Not that you'll see that widely reported in the UK media.

The pro-Zionist lobby has been using the anti-Zionism = anti-Semitism lie for a long, long time.

53 minutes ago, orfc said:

You can't say that mate. You know the rules on PLO & Bovril:

Hamas say something with no evidence: Obviously bang on

Israel say something with evidence: Obvious fabrication 

What’s the rule concerning blindly believing the views of Israel’s biggest ally and funder?

Just now, Donathan said:

Ok let’s discuss this then. What do anti-Zionists actually propose to do with all the Jews? 

Well I’m anti-Zionist so I will talk for myself.  What would I do with ‘all the Jews’?  I wouldn’t do anything with ‘all the Jews’.  I’d be happy to accept that Israel continues to exist as a country and that a separate Palestinian state be created which would likely mean Israel having to give up some of its land.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Baddiel really should know that the Israeli government and Jews are not the same thing.

Baddiel should also know that if he wants to make money, the PPV receipts for a boxing match where Jason Lee boots fifteen shades of f**k out him would dwarf his book sales. 

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Baddiel really should know that the Israeli government and Jews are not the same thing.

He says that when it suits him, like in that awful “documentary” he says he shouldn’t be expected to defend/criticise Israel just because he’s Jewish (which is true), but at the same time he takes criticism of Israel as criticism of Jewish people in general.

1 hour ago, orfc said:

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Genuinely very disappointing to see the blatant anti-semitism on this thread. 

Red dotted the first one because PLO & Bovril is shite patter. 

Red dotted the second one because it is untrue. 

Hope this clears things up. 

1 hour ago, orfc said:

Why is there a random 'f' in your username?

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Genuinely disappointed to see you playing ‘criticism of Israel is anti-semitism’ card.  However not in the least surprised.

I will say that both this poster is at it and there have been a couple bits of anti-Semitism I have seen on this thread that I did not buy should have called out.  

E.g. someone likened Israel to Nazis

32 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Aye, similar to the conflation of "Hamas" with "Palestinians" that has permeated the media for the last week..........

How tf is it that difficult in 2023 to distinguish between:

Criticism of Israel gov, particularly Netanyahu and his extreme cronies like Smotrich =/= anti-Semitism or anti-zionism.

Support for Palestinians right to exist and it not be in a glorified prison in Gaza =/= pro-Hamas or pro-violence. 

Mon tae f**k.