Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure Israel can be put on a leash tbh.

Netanyahu and his cronies only have one move available to them. Which is to plough on regardless. After the colossal intelligence failure anything else will be seen as weakness for the strongman. It's compunded by the fact that Israel doesn't recognise the ICC either, much the same as Russia in that regard.

Would you like to buy a bridge? 

For the Israeli explanation to be credible you'd have to believe that an Islamic Jihad rocket was fired from southern Gaza with the intention of hitting Haifa, an awful long way, and accidentally dropped early and hit a Hamas arms cache on the roof of a major hospital in Gaza City. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For the Israeli explanation to be credible you'd have to believe that an Islamic Jihad rocket was fired from southern Gaza with the intention of hitting Haifa, an awful long way, and accidentally dropped early and hit a Hamas arms cache on the roof of a major hospital in Gaza City. 

I'm sure it will be good enough for most major news outlets

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure it will be good enough for most major news outlets

I'm quite surprised by how balanced the mainstream broadcasters in both the UK and US have attempted to be. I'd say the Palestinian and Israeli perspectives have been closer to equal in terms of time on air than ever before. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm quite surprised by how balanced the mainstream broadcasters in both the UK and US have attempted to be. I'd say the Palestinian and Israeli perspectives have been closer to equal in terms of time on air than ever before. 

It's a tightrope though, given it's so big and so dangerous. It would be foolish for them to plant their feet in one camp or the other given the potential consequences.

Going to start a campaign to get Lawrence Fox back on.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Media, at least the more serious outlets, have been much better than politicians' statements in UK and USA.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

I also think that if the MSM were looking to be objective they would frame questions the way @Dunning1874 has in the post above.

35 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Yeah, a UN resolution proposed by Russia was never going through. That should be a surprise to absolutely no-one. The hypocrisy is strong with that one given their exploits in Ukraine. The UN Security Council is a dysfunctional mess.

The Israeli permanent representative to the UN has said Hamas are no different from the Nazis and said it is ‘fully and solely’ responsible for the situation in Gaza.

Meanwhile Israel’s Minister for National Security wasn’t allowed to serve in the IDF due to his extreme right wing views!

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Israel say it was a Hamas rocket that went wrong and they would never target a hospital.

Conveniently forgetting that Archbishop Justin Welby tweeted to the world that Israel hit the same hospital on Saturday (its run by the church).

F8rHSaeXMAESnp7.jpeg.f0783bfeb8e61e40e7692a928d67916a.jpeg

This was from before the hospital attack.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm surprised some Arab nations haven't declared war on Israel yet tbh.  My money's on Iran.

That really would be an awful escalation.

Israel's government strangely is falling in popularity with Israelis, the extreme government really only has international support so it feels if the US, UK, EU start to have a far more nuanced approach then the internal war could calm down, but that will require a grinding U-turn from Washington, London and Brussels.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently Israel announced they attacked the hospital because there was Hamas people hiding in it, just before they deleted it and claimed it was Islamic Jihad with a faulty missile. 

I bet they were dressed up as Doctors and Nurses.