The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

Didn't you meet your wife on some kind of Mediaeval Battle internet game? And you think 'sharing a pint' is comparatively embarrassing?

Yes, I do. Sharing a pint is Partridgean in its cringe factor. Most people would accept this without trying to be a P&B hero about it. I can only assume you're feeling the hard man right now after a few strawfuls of Carlsberg but let me be plain: nobody's impressed.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I do. Sharing a pint is Partridgean in its cringe factor. Most people would accept this without trying to be a P&B hero about it. I can only assume you're feeling the hard man right now after a few strawfuls of Carlsberg but let me be plain: nobody's impressed.

You're confusing me for Bonksy or Jamama. I'd be out cold after a few strawfuls of Carlsberg.

I've never shared a pint. I've also never turned up to the cinema on my own, not knowing what I was going to see. I've also not met my bird on World of Warcraft. I've also never called in to the P&b hotline to complain about being banned from a website.

Tells you everything you need to know about the complete weirdos on here that they think that the aforementioned is normal behaviour.

I've never shared a pint. I've also never turned up to the cinema on my own, not knowing what I was going to see. I've also not met my bird on World of Warcraft. I've also never called in to the P&b hotline to complain about being banned from a website.

Tells you everything you need to know about the complete weirdos on here that they think that the aforementioned is normal behaviour.

^^^ never lived :P

49. Hibee Jibee

What you said: “Football rules knowledge”

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: Hibee Jibee tied on points with three other posters, but makes the top 50 on account of receiving more total nominations than the others. He looked set to miss out but the final vote which was cast was enough to push him into 50th place.

The poster: When it comes to football governance I doubt there is anyone on the entire internet with as much knowledge as Hibee Jibee, never mind Pie and Bovril. I tend to steer clear of league reconstruction threads now, but they have become famous for HJ’s involvement in them, leading to the sounding of the “Hibee Jibee” horn whenever the topic arises. I could be wrong but I don’t believe any other poster in P&B history has their own horn named after them. I used to be a fan of larger leagues within Scottish football but I have been swayed into thinking this is not practical largely because of HJ’s posts on the matter, and I’m sure I won’t be the only person in that position. In Misc Football HJ is also a good read – his knowledge of FIFA, UEFA and various competitions across the world is tremendous.

Outwith football governance issues, HJ is probably most well-known for his “resignation” post, which was written as he reached 10,000 posts. It’s currently in the Gold forum (I believe one of Ric’s resignations took place in the same forum) if you wish to have a read of it. I haven’t read it for a while, but I remember it being very self-indulgent. This may have been part of some elaborate wind up, I am unsure. HJ returned after some posts were culled, taking his post count below the 10,000 mark. He has continued to post well beyond that number over the last few years, and I for one am very pleased that he has chosen to do so. He brings a unique, in depth knowledge of an area of the game which is often overlooked or misunderstood and I feel that deserves praise. Judging by his place in the top 50, there are a number of you who agree with me.

I should also point out that when I was considering different dissertation topics around two years ago I PM’d HJ for some help, and he was very helpful. Good guy imo.

I don't think HibeeJibee ever sullies himself with the General Nonsense forum, probably just as well since both SuperCaley and Marshmallo have spelled his name wrong.

Always wondered how you pronounce his name. Is it "Hi Bee Jie Bee", "Hee Bee Jee Bee" ?

Archived