The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not sure what reception Arabs will give him, bit mixed I suppose. He's a cup final scoring hero and not done anything to upset Arabs, but this is Scotland and sadly ex players seem to get booed no matter what.

I just hope we end up signing it, if some people decide to boo him that will be their choice, I certainly won't boo him. If he's scores and runs past us doing the Shhh or something that might change.

Didn't really know a great deal about the situation before this evening. I'm reading about it now and the more in read, the sourer the taste in my mouth becomes. This doesn't seem to really fit into the 'Aberdeen - family club' image we have.

This is the thing. I'm generally happy to accept people are innocent until proven guilty, but for those that don't know, these are the facts of Goodwillie's case:

• Independent witnesses said the girl was so out of it that she could hardly stand or speak. They said she was certainly incapable of giving informed consent
  • Goodwillie and Robertson took her in a cab and promised witnesses that they were just going to drop her off at her mum's house.
  • She wakes up naked in a strange house.
  • Goodwillie's DNA was found inside her
  • The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority accepted that a sexual assault took place and paid compensation to her on that basis.

People can draw their own conclusions, but I do not want that man to be employed by the club I support.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

This is the thing. I'm generally happy to accept people are innocent until proven guilty, but for those that don't know, these are the facts of Goodwillie's case:

• Independent witnesses said the girl was so out of it that she could hardly stand or speak. They said she was certainly incapable of giving informed consent
  • Goodwillie and Robertson took her in a cab and promised witnesses that they were just going to drop her off at her mum's house.
  • She wakes up naked in a strange house.
  • Goodwillie's DNA was found inside her
  • The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority accepted that a sexual assault took place and paid compensation to her on that basis.

People can draw their own conclusions, but I do not want that man to be employed by the club I support.

If those are the facts then there really is only one conclusion that can be drawn from them.

Gordon strachan summed it up. Football has no morales. Goodwillie gets away with it because of one fact. He's a footballer.

Rapist deserves the jail yet he's living every guys dream playing football. Pisses me off, well done Aberdeen football club for showing no morales and signing someone like that

Another take on the morals. Would the girl have pressed charges if it was a normal dude?. Would the girl have sold her story to the paper if it was a normal dude? Would the girl be pursuing civil action if it was a normal dude?

Another take on the morals. Would the girl have pressed charges if it was a normal dude?. Would the girl have sold her story to the paper if it was a normal dude? Would the girl be pursuing civil action if it was a normal dude?

Worth pointing out that the girl took no money from the story and donated to a rape counselling charity.

I too am disgusted at my club for this.

Innocent till proven guilty but this is a strange case given the girl already got compo. The limited evidence in the public domain would also point to him being found guilty in a civil case where the burden of proof is far less. What exactly do Afc do then. What do they do while the case is on going? Afc didn't need to put themselves in this situation and I'm led to ask why they did. Terrible image for the club. Less happy the more I read about it. Already know a couple of folk who won't be back while he is at the club.

What? :lol:

Aye, I'm sure there'll be a few folk that won't be back. Until the next big Euro night/winning run/semi-final/cup final :rolleyes:

When the big games come around, the collective moral compass is posted missing.

f**k me, it isn't Ian Huntly we've signed.

He hasn't been convicted of anything and he'll be wearing an Aberdeen shirt next season. He has my 100% backing.

Some of the comments on Aberdeen Mad are hilarious, absolute bed wetters.

Edited by Guest

Well isn't this a nice post.

Nasty piece of work outed here.

Trying to have a sensible discussion about the Goodwillie situation on a football forum is, not surprisingly, difficult. Some folk want to believe the worst regardless of the evidence, or lack of it, in the public domain. Others will try to defend him whatever.

There is undoubtedly something very strange about the whole case. The Fiscal’s office decides there is insufficient evidence to proceed, whilst the young woman was awarded £11,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority having accepting she was raped. This was the highest amount they could pay at the time.

I can understand why she wants to pursue a civil action and I imagine if she were successful then the Procurator Fiscal would need to reconsider, even if the burden of proof required in civil and criminal cases differ.

As things stand Goodwillie has never been convicted and that deserves recognition however that hasn’t stopped opposing fans offering their ‘opinion’ and I don’t think things will change when he’s playing for Aberdeen.

However for me the most distasteful chant was United fans singing “David Goodwillie, he does what he wants”. I’d like to think it was only very young guys who don’t know any better but that’s probably wishful thinking.