The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

Delighted we're finally reaching some level of agreement on this media bias matter.

I offered a few months back with no takers - who's up for a charity bet on the %popular vote (2-way, Shitlery v Trump, over-under)?

@jmothecat? (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/221203-the-2016-us-presidential-election/&do=findComment&comment=10817780)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Paco said:

I thought this was quite an interesting read:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/302146-al-smith-dinner-i-attended-was-different-than-one-i-read-about

I've taken the same impression from the last two debates to be honest. The narrative hasn't really matched the reality.

I have the radio on a lot at work - thats a *very* different narrative to the one i heard on the beeb...

Trump gave his very own Gettysburg address, urinating all over Lincoln's legacy in the process.

No grand rhetoric on show from the oompah loompah, just the sordid promise that he'll spend the 1st 100 days of his presidency fighting all the women he's groped in court 

3 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

Trump gave his very own Gettysburg address, urinating all over Lincoln's legacy in the process.

No grand rhetoric on show from the oompah loompah, just the sordid promise that he'll spend the 1st 100 days of his presidency fighting all the women he's groped in court 

Aye that was the entirety of the 40 minute address, that disgusting man saying he'll dare to defend himself against sexual assault allegations :angry:

Very adept and timely address. The Trump campaign also continues to hold large rallies while Faillery's lot are attracting in the order of hundreds or less at a time.

6 hours ago, banana said:

Aye that was the entirety of the 40 minute address, that disgusting man saying he'll dare to defend himself against sexual assault allegations :angry:

Very adept and timely address. The Trump campaign also continues to hold large rallies while Faillery's lot are attracting in the order of hundreds or less at a time.

He started the speech with the legal threats which were bound to grab the headlines. The rest was just rehashing stuff he's already said. Speaking to big crowds of people who would still vote for him if he was caught live on camera with a dead prostitute will not win him the election, he has to win over the undecideds which he's doing nothing about. By raising the sexual harassment accusations every time he opens his mouth it just keeps it first and foremost in their minds. He loves the applause of the Trumpets, there's no other point in doing them, especially in States where he has no chance of winning anyway.

I actually really like the idea of term limits for career politicians. I'd love to see it here.

Seems strange to say that about an idea Trump came up with in a huff with Paul Ryan. But I think it's a good one. Arguably his only one?

42 minutes ago, Paco said:

I actually really like the idea of term limits for career politicians. I'd love to see it here.

Seems strange to say that about an idea Trump came up with in a huff with Paul Ryan. But I think it's a good one. Arguably his only one?

I'm not so sure getting a bunch of people in every few years who don't know what they're doing and sacking them once they've learnt the job is such a good idea.

Well, yeah, obviously the 'term' itself is up for debate. I wouldn't advocate two terms or anything ridiculous like that.

I didn't hear Trump specify a term, which might've actually, y'know, helped. Not that he'd ever get it through the House/Senate anyway. Turkeys, Christmas, etc.

2 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Betfair offering 4/1 on Hillary for new customers with max bet £10 and money back as free bet if she loses. Free money. Might have my parents, brother and mrs sign up and stick a tenner on for me.

It's not free money. Free money would suggest that you get £10 back in your pocket to do as you wish. That's clearly not the case.

On 23/10/2016 at 09:02, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Faillery" is the worst yet.

The shitey names folk come up with for Clinton make the shitey names unionists come up with for Nicola Sturgeon look fucking intellectual by comparison.

Archived