The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/10/2016 at 11:19, Paco said:

I actually really like the idea of term limits for career politicians. I'd love to see it here.

Seems strange to say that about an idea Trump came up with in a huff with Paul Ryan. But I think it's a good one. Arguably his only one?

It's not a Trump idea. Term limits is an old idea that has been around for centuries. Presidents have been limited constitutionally to two terms since 1951. Governors are term limited in most states and many state legislatures have term limits too. Pressure groups have been campaigning for Congressional term limits for decades. 

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The shitey names folk come up with for Clinton make the shitey names unionists come up with for Nicola Sturgeon look fucking intellectual by comparison.

If you'll indulge me I'd like to offer up Smellery ClUNTon. 

There's a great show on Sky Atlantic that's documented the whole thing. US Circus election 2016 I think it's called.

Trump getting a woman to say that Bill Clinton raped her just before the debate after the whole 'grabbing' leaked video of Trump is just utterly insane and I don't know how I've managed to miss it.

10 hours ago, jmothecat said:

That link just takes me back to the first page of the thread.

On 10/10/2016 at 21:02, jmothecat said:

Charity bet?

On 10/22/2016 at 17:59, banana said:

I offered a few months back with no takers - who's up for a charity bet on the %popular vote@jmothecat (2-way, Shitlery v Trump, over-under)?

Aye or nay?

I'm not sure what 'over under' means but I'll happily put a charity bet on Clinton winning. £20?

Bet on the % of popular vote between Clinton and Trump. Rather that whoever gets >50.0% wins, we set the winning line by mutual agreement based on what we think the final %s will be.

E.g. I'll start the bidding at Trump getting 45.0% (i.e. Clinton 55.0%) of the 2-way popular vote. If he gets at least this %, I win the charity bet. You can now counter with a different %, which I can then also counter, until we reach betting agreement.

If you're good to go, PM me your counter. We'll post the final bet back to this thread.

Bet on the % of popular vote between Clinton and Trump. Rather that whoever gets >50.0% wins, we set the winning line by mutual agreement based on what we think the final %s will be.

E.g. I'll start the bidding at Trump getting 45.0% (i.e. Clinton 55.0%) of the 2-way popular vote. If he gets at least this %, I win the charity bet. You can now counter with a different %, which I can then also counter, until we reach betting agreement.

If you're good to go, PM me your counter. We'll post the final bet back to this thread.

Lol - you are chickening out because you know Trump won't get 50%.

You've lost me. But I'll happily bet £20 for charity that Clinton will win.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Lol - you are chickening out because you know Trump won't get 50%.

:unsure2:

No, I'm looking at the current odds and polls and consistently offering a bet with those in mind. Fancy it? 45.0% Trump is my starting point.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

You've lost me. But I'll happily bet £20 for charity that Clinton will win.

Only worth about 7 quid on my side. I'll go 20 quid if you go 60 quid.

Archived