The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

50 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Katie's bar is undoubtedly the jakiest pub in Stirling. It's like Halloween every day in that place and I am not surprised whatsoever that you drink in there.

It is indeed a shitehole. I have however pulled* a burd in there.

*pulled as in taken her home and pumped her, none of this shite the youngsters class as pulling nowadays.

40 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It is indeed a shitehole. I have however pulled* a burd in there.

*pulled as in taken her home and pumped her, none of this shite the youngsters class as pulling nowadays.

Any pub that is frequented by women who would have sex with you is about three levels down from a shitehole.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

There are far worse pubs in Stirling. Jackie's bar for one.

When was the last time you were in Stirling? That pub doesn't exist anymore. Although would be another place I could see Magee tapping roll ups off folk outside.

Edited by Believe The Hype

When was the last time you were in Stirling? That pub doesn't exist anymore. Although would be another place I could see Magee tapping roll ups off folk outside.

About five or so years ago I think. Pretty sure it was still there last time I was in Stirling.

Stirling has some fantastic pubs though, and some absolute shitholes. Katie's bar is, or was, far from the worst.

40 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

About five or so years ago I think. Pretty sure it was still there last time I was in Stirling.

Stirling has some fantastic pubs though, and some absolute shitholes. Katie's bar is, or was, far from the worst.

Well there you have it.

Cumbernauld  was also seen as some sort of modern metropolis back in the day. There's your context.

I should do a best posters list at some point so Jimmy can stop harping on about being the 7th best poster in history.

I think a 2017 best posters list is an idea. Start today, 2 weeks to vote, 2 weeks to compile then countdown results as December progresses. Do it, Miguel!

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

I think a 2017 best posters list is an idea. Start today, 2 weeks to vote, 2 weeks to compile then countdown results as December progresses. Do it, Miguel!

It'll be 2018 best posters by the time he finishes this fucking thread.

I should do a best posters list at some point so Jimmy can stop harping on about being the 7th best poster in history.

Disgusting behaviour from someone who I know has been PM'd personally for Marshy's and Chris's carefully curated list.

In 11th place with 26 points and 3 first place votes:

hqdefault.jpg

There have been several entries on this list whose names are a byword for a recurring P&B trope. Indeed there are several of those still to come. But still, you read Monkey Tennis, you read Lex, you read (S)weeper Dee, you know exactly what you're going to get. The problem is when you read the username of 11th place you know exactly what you get, you just can't say it.

nintchdbpict000296713422.jpg?strip=all&w

I apparently don't have any testimonials about this poster, so if you sent me one or posted one I apologise. I will do my best to fill in, and I'm sure he'll excite enough ire to be piled on in the usual, justified manner.

open-uri20150422-20810-rh2s1r_7ed9f532.j

Part of the group that got the bullet at the same time as StandFree03 and Grim O'Grady, he was emptied for much the same reasons as those two as well as a litany of previous offences and a generally board-derailing existence. While part of a support which is generally dreadful he lasted much longer than others before being banned. Rather than stand as a testament to any redeeming qualities, this simply exacerbated everyone's inability to tolerate him. Everyone but bennett, that is.

636449492337162310-EPA-FILE-USA-KEVIN-SP

You see, in his closing months with us this poster was responsible for two things. Green dotting everything bennett posted and had ever posted. A P&B Platinum member, his hundred greenies a day went to things bennett vomited onto the internet. His abuse of the dots and the assorted scandal led to them being made anonymous, but thanks to the app not doing this it was changed back. Then red dots were removed, but the outcry brought them back. For all the accusations of dots meaning too much to people it is invariably those who shout the loudest about them being meaningless who they clearly mean the most too.

Beast_Last_Stand.jpeg

This poster's lasting legacy has to be the inexplicable climate of fear and recrimination which he was able to influence shortly before his departure. Discussed before, his posting of legitimately questionable judgements led to the usual and appropriate response from the P&B masses. The mods, or one mod, decided that his outrage was justified. Anyone who brought it up, questioned it, gone. No questions asked.

B_NpEf2VEAIJH7F.jpg

And so, the legacy of the morally bankrupt was born and persists to this day, largely through those we lost as a result. And those who fought hard to come back and do nothing but post about fried fucking mushrooms. Anyway, since we have @The Tedi to thank for all of these he gets an entry here. Just outside the top ten. Poor thing. His final avatar was of Lee Wallace and really, there is no candidate more fitting than the ultimate grass.

Lee-Wallace-723581.jpg

When I was in first year in school I remember my English teacher telling us about how words can change through time and mean different things to different generations, and asked us for examples of words which had original meanings but could also mean good. Someone offered the word beast, probably in the typically west coast teenaged sense of "that's a beast of a [thing]." She noted how this was completely new to her, saying if someone said beast to her she'd say "ah, a beast!" and pointing as if she was scared of something.

I'll leave you to decide whose interpretation of the language was better.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez