Pregnancy And Parenting

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Well. That's just outstanding :)

Thanks mate :)  Ailie is an utter ledge' and loving.  No jealousy at all, until I'm in from work when she's not seen me all day then nobody has nae chance :lol: how's daddy life? All okay I hope? Your still to message me ya unsociable.. Hi to mrs ruggs/saintee too x 

image.jpg

577c9fa5e1634_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

Broken collarbone for my eldest. Done it mucking about at a cafe/playroom thingy. Happened on Monday the wife said he cried when it happened but got over it quickly but sulked the rest of the time.

I got home from work and clearly it hurt but still didn't complain that much so just thought it wouldn't be anything serious.

The next day my wife, her pals and their kids went to a soft play, Joe (my boy) couldn't climb up it so that's when my wife knew something was up, so a trip to the sick kids and boom broken collarbone.

He thought it was great all the attention and the x Ray ect.

Tough Wee laddie though not complaining and still wanting to give the soft play a go.

8pm last night my son was turning around talking to me sitting in his chair eating a pear, next thing he pukes his entire dinner, plus two bottles of milk, plus some of his lunch, all over himself and the chair and the floor. Must've been about a gallon of spew. Soon as he'd chucked it up he was right as rain again, running about mad while me and his mum scrubbed everything for an hour.

Baby Evie is in hospital - throat and ear infection and possible chicken pox (or chicken pops as her elder cousin, who brought them into the house, called them). She might get home today if her temperature comes down - she was running a temperature, was violently sick, very lethargic and white as a sheet, a bit of a worry yesterday afternoon prior to diagnosis.

1 hour ago, Mozzamozza said:

Treasure them.

You'll miss them when they eventually vomit on every bed in your house over the course of an evening.

That'll be Ruggy dealing with the sick as I definitely won't! 

Cheers Rowan. I've heard about weaning nappies, Ruggy can deal with that too! 

1 minute ago, DarkBlue62 said:

I don't go my sons nappies otherwise I'd have to clean up my own spew too, no thanks.

You get used to the stench, much like sewer workers and farmers, I'd imagine. Plus, you're missing out on tickle time on the changing table  ^_^

You get used to the stench, much like sewer workers and farmers, I'd imagine. Plus, you're missing out on tickle time on the changing table  [emoji5]

He's 1, I changed the first few tar nappies but after that it was too much. The colours and smells are ridiculous!

11 minutes ago, DarkBlue62 said:

I don't go my sons nappies otherwise I'd have to clean up my own spew too, no thanks.

What if your son jobbies and your girlfriend isn't home? Do you just leave him wallowing in the shit?

Ours announced he was ready for potty training by waking up early one morning and exploring the contents of his nappy. Even closed over his bedroom door to cover up the horror concealed within  :shutup

Wife left me to deal with that one, so I'm a bit jealous of DarkBlue62 at the moment TBH.

Fascinated me how despite a lifetime of being disgusted by other people's/kids shit, nappy changing your own nipper's shite from the very first time feels completely natural and undisgusting. As is emptying pottys.