Pregnancy And Parenting

9 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Attended our 20-week scan yesterday with Mrs PB earlier too, unfortunately, receive some bad news.    Growth scan was perfect on brain, spine, feet, fingers etc until they reached kidneys where abnormality was established.    Our boy has cysts in both kidneys.   The left one has around 12 small growths and the organ isn't working.   The right one is working and he's peeing, but there is some growth on it, and they're concerned.    Got an appointment with the consultant on Friday to discuss the viability of the pregnancy.  

That's not so good, hope things get sorted.

Wife and family were all off to the hospital yesterday for her 4 month scan. All good, however she needed more test (blood) as she is over 35. So far so good. Test result will come back next week.
Her bump is massive, so much bigger than when she had the boy. Doctor has said she has a lot of fluid.
I told her not a surprise, with the load of pishe she speaks. Went down well.

Teething is just the devil.

My daughter is now 9 months but has been teething for past 6 months with only 2 front teeth through.

Past few nights it’s causing her no end of bother, Jaws swelling up, cheeks going bright red, bad shites, the full boona. She’s generally a great sleeper but crying all night and when she sleeps just whimpering away.

Hands are just constantly in her mouth and chewing on everything. Feel so sorry for the wee lass.

The wife is back at work and doing shifts so the night shift is tonight going. Then up myself for work in the morning. I’m bloody shattered.

We have been so lucky in a lot of ways apart from the teething which she is getting hit really hard with.

Teething was yet another thing we had no bother with. We've been utterly spoiled with our wee one.

For terthing we gave her A and P and Bonjela on the gums. She never had any issues so it may have been as a result of these things. Try some of those chewy things that you can put in the fridge. Probably useless at night but might sooth the wee tot and help her doze off.

Anbesol is good for teething, you can get liquid or gel versions. Ashton and Parsons is also a must. Decent deals on Amazon for that.

HSF we have an amber bracelet for the youngest too.... Not my idea due to the hippy bullshit you mentioned but I genuinely couldnt say if it works or not. BB2 is a fucking nightmare at nights ragardless of teething [emoji17]

Bea stopped napping a couple of months ago, which I was initially disappointed with but it coincided with her sleeping so much better at night that I think it was a good move on her part.

Took her to Dynamic Earth the other day, great place for kids, worried it might be a bit advanced for a 2 year old but she absolutely loved it. The highlight being when she saw a figure of a scorpion, started stroking it saying 'hello doggy.' But highly recommended for anyone with kids if you are in Edinburgh, wee bit pricy but I couldn't recommend it higher.

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Brilliant sjc.

Catherine is not ready to drop her afternoon nap and neither am I :lol: She doesn't nap at nursery the 3 days she is there and comes home absolutely knackered.

Thanks HSF :)

Sakura is the same regarding taking afternoon naps (1-2hours generally) but she sleeps through the night, so not really an issue for us.

Is it not still a bit early to stop the naps? Is it not a good thing up until the final year of nursery before starting school?