Pregnancy And Parenting

1 yr old Swarley. She was born HIE, resulting in brain damage and diagnosed with distonic cerebral palsy. Where people celebrate standing, crawling etc, we celebrate when she turns her head towards you and makes eye contact. Knowing for certain now she can see is a massive plus

Fantastic, it's little things like that that keep you going sometimes. It's easy to compare our kids with additional needs to those who have none, especially when progress is so slow sometimes.

Got an mri with the wee one (9 months old now) tomorrow to get a diagnosis. She has limited use of her right arm and hand and a little loss of sensation in her right leg and the doc thinks it is probably cerebral palsy.

She's as bright as a button and hitting intellectual milestones and the physio has been and got her moving a wee bit.

Tomorrow is little more than being able to put a label on what ever is going on and I suppose make sure there's nothing underlying.

As if I don't worry about the wee bugger enough already.

Edited by stimpy

God I hope she's cleverer than that!

Thank you, I'll need lots of good wishes, my other half will be a mess tomorrow and she will handle it by raging at me about everything.

Lots of hugs for everyone and we'll make it.

Thank you, I'll need lots of good wishes, my other half will be a mess tomorrow and she will handle it by raging at me about everything.

Best of luck tomorrow, as a guy you have to be a bit stronger sometimes even though you might not feel it! The intellectual milestones are a great indicator of how she's developing. I'm sure you'll be fine but I'll be thinking of you anyway.

Best of luck tomorrow, as a guy you have to be a bit stronger sometimes even though you might not feel it! The intellectual milestones are a great indicator of how she's developing. I'm sure you'll be fine but I'll be thinking of you anyway.

Good post, ya c**t ;)

Fantastic, it's little things like that that keep you going sometimes. It's easy to compare our kids with additional needs to those who have none, especially when progress is so slow sometimes.

aye mate, we deal in millimetre stones, not Mile stones

all the best stimpy, fingers crossed for you all

I'm on day 4 of daddy baby tine whilst Mrs weirdcal is off on her hen weekend (she's gone home to Ireland) 8 months old, a trip to Nairn and back I think I have almost survived it.

Cant wait till she sees the piles of dishes and washing...

My oldest son was dancing Saturday night fever style the morning of his first day of school. Kind of too the edge off.

Back to today and the wee one has survived her brush with a general anesthetic/mri and is gooing happily in the back of the car.