Pregnancy And Parenting

Had a lovely bonding moment with my seven day old daughter. Changed the bed and let her lay down on the new bed sheets and she just stared into my eyes and didn't want to break eye contact. Other half came through and she started talking to use and it didn't distracted the wee one at all she just kept staring into my eyes

She was probably staring thinking, "Is that ugly b*****d seriously my faither?!" :P

Just under 10 weeks left to go for me. Everything is ready for the wee one to arrive, the only thing not bought is milk! I'm looking forward to everyone finding out the sex so I don't need to keep it to myself anymore. I'm impressed I've not slipped up yet. I'm really excited about it and honestly do feel ready to be a dad but for all I'm excited I don't think the reality has set in yet :lol:

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm really excited about it and honestly do feel ready to be a dad but for all I'm excited I don't think the reality has set in yet :lol:

One day soon you'll wake up as normal and go to bed a parent. The flip-switch of all flip-switches.

I fucked off on a retreat holiday on my tod around about 10 weeks out, highly recommended :thumsup2

Edited by banana

One day soon you'll wake up as normal and go to bed a parent. The flip-switches of all flip-switches.

I fucked off on a retreat holiday on my tod around about 10 weeks out, highly recommended :thumsup2

We were away to Blackpool last weekend. We came back and saw a hotel in East Linton that is stunning so have booked that for a night in August. I think maybe we both subconsciously realise we won't have much time to ourselves shortly :lol:

She was probably staring thinking, "Is that ugly b*****d seriously my faither?!" [emoji14]

Just under 10 weeks left to go for me. Everything is ready for the wee one to arrive, the only thing not bought is milk! I'm looking forward to everyone finding out the sex so I don't need to keep it to myself anymore. I'm impressed I've not slipped up yet. I'm really excited about it and honestly do feel ready to be a dad but for all I'm excited I don't think the reality has set in yet :lol:

Haha that may well have been the case ;)

Seriously though I don't think you ever feel prepared no matter how much you do. But best of luck man

I think I'd push the wife towards a water birth if we did it again; I don't think either of us realised that it would be helpful with pain.

I do remember being told that there was a decent chance of being 'gazumped' at the last minute by lassies suddenly screaming blue murder about wanting a water birth, so maybe worth looking into a home birth? Sure I saw a programme about how you could rent birthing pools for the house, and the NHS would send out midwives and suchlike.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Get those sheets sorted out m8. Pink flowers?

It might be her bed, broski. We can't all sleep in sheets adorned with guns and oiled bodybuilders.

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

You sleep with ice cubes in your oxters you madman.

Plastic sheets at the BFTD house.

You don't know how close you are to the truth  :wacko:

Still not tried it, then?

Get those sheets sorted out m8. Pink flowers?

It might be her bed, broski. We can't all sleep in sheets adorned with guns and oiled bodybuilders.

This.

I couldn't care less what I sleep in as long as I am actually getting sleep.

We had our third visit for a 3D scan today, the previous two visits our wee princess wouldn't face the right way and when she did she put her hand in front of her face [emoji3]

Got a good few pictures today but was more interesting seeing her practicing breathing and opening and closing her mouth. Was pretty amazing to watch, everything so much more formed and detailed since the hospital scan months ago. 

Was that Perth Scan Studio? They really are excellent.

Our second arrived at 8.31pm last night, a boy, 8lb 9.5oz. No name as yet-we had girls names ready but couldn't come up with another boy's name we both liked!

Re: your earlier query about water birth, my wife would certainly highly recommend it. Our first was born in the pool at PRI. Our latest was induced at the labour ward at Ninewells. She'd certainly tell you the water was great pain relief and far more relaxing! I could tell the difference as well, she was much more chilled in the pool.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

I love being a grandpa,took the wee man to the park in the village today.

'til I saw the chain, I thought you must have had a seat fitted into your zimmer, auld yin.

Looks like a happy boy, either way.

How'd did everyone's bairns deal with their jags? After hearing all the stories about the one year jags I'm quite pleased Mathew hasn't had any problems apart from being a bit grumpy at times.

9 hours ago, DarkBlue62 said:

How'd did everyone's bairns deal with their jags? After hearing all the stories about the one year jags I'm quite pleased Mathew hasn't had any problems apart from being a bit grumpy at times.

Tears for a minute or two from the unexpected pain, then fine again. Didn't seem to suffer any real ill-effects.

Bit heartbreaking to see the wee face crumple when the needle went in  :(

Think our wee one has colic. Since getting home from the hospital she has been a wee angel. But she kept me and the misses up from 4am and kept screaming and crying until about 1.30 till we got her too sleep. Doctor didn't offer us much. We got some infacol and that seems to have done the job. She has slept for thirty minutes now.