Pregnancy And Parenting

Grandparents do struggle, I know we do at times, you don't have the energy levels you had in your youth as parents, but patience and toleration are miles better. We don't like to say no and if you do at times, the guilt comes over you. parents do seem to be relying on their parents more than ever nowadays 

Grandbairn No4 here safe and sound. Wee Myla Elizabeth weighed in at 8 11oz and 56cm long. I'm nerves are wrecked, as she was born at the side of the road on the A1 by my son, with the help of a very nice man on speaker :thumsup2

Grandparents do struggle, I know we do at times, you don't have the energy levels you had in your youth as parents, but patience and toleration are miles better. We don't like to say no and if you do at times, the guilt comes over you. parents do seem to be relying on their parents more than ever nowadays 

I know we'd really struggle if our parents didn't have the kids as often. The cost of childcare is so expensive, which really doesn't help.

Grandbairn No4 here safe and sound. Wee Myla Elizabeth weighed in at 8 11oz and 56cm long. I'm nerves are wrecked, as she was born at the side of the road on the A1 by my son, with the help of a very nice man on speaker :thumsup2

Congratulations [emoji482]

We have no option than to put the wee one into Nursery come May. The one we have chosen is £36 a day which is about average up here. I'm only going back to work 3 days a week though. Anymore and it wouldn't be worth working really! 
Congrats htb! 

2 afternoons a week costs us £212.50/month. Thankfully she goes in to the school nursery after Christmas, we'll be paying £10/week for an extra afternoon so we have her in 3 full days.

Congratulations mate. Well played by your son as well.

My daughter (11) is a bit old to mention on here but was off sick the other day. She spent the day on the sofa watching Father Ted. Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse had her about hyperventilating and she quotes it non-stop. "Don't call me Len you little p***k".

It's good when the phase of Dora etc passes and you can watch decent stuff together. So many great kids films these days too. 

Edited by Shandon Par

Great news buddy! Were they en-route to hospital when bambino decided to arrive? Where's the nearest hospital down your neck of the woods?

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Great news buddy! We're they en-route to hospital when bambino decided to arrive? Where's the nearest hospital down your neck of the woods?

En route to the ER bud. Borders General in Galashiels is supposed to be where we go, but after our first grandbairn, Nae danger another one would be born there

En route to the ER bud. Borders General in Galashiels is supposed to be where we go, but after our first grandbairn, Nae danger another one would be born there

That's still a fair auld trek from your bit though eh? I'm assuming yer son & family stay near you obviously...? If so is it not a good hour or so along A & B roads from Eyemouth across to Gala? Wasn't sure if there was any hospital closer, maybe Berwick way?

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That's still a fair auld trek from your bit though eh? I'm assuming yer son & family stay near you obviously...? If so is it not a good hour or so along A & B roads from Eyemouth across to Gala? Wasn't sure if there was any hospital closer, maybe Berwick way?

Berwick basically an old people's home now, Berwickers go to Ashington or Cramlington, even further away