Pregnancy And Parenting

19 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You can’t beat that 1/2 hour after they leave of total silence, before spending an  hour putting your house back together :lol:

There were 12 in the living room at one point on Saturday!

21 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

You can’t beat that 1/2 hour after they leave of total silence, before spending an  hour putting your house back together :lol:

Nice and quiet the day. Baby Grace and her entourage left at 8.00 am, our daughter went off to the Day Centre at 9.30 ish, there's hardly been a word spoken! Have to collect grandson nr 5 from school shortly, but when he's here on his own you'd hardly know he was in the house. Fortunately his wee sister, Little Miss Cyclone isn't here today. At least, not yet...

ETA: No homework tonight, or, indeed, all week. It's Break The Rules Week, apparently. He didn't take it too well when we said it must be Break The Rules Week every week. Also tomorrow they're wearing pyjamas to school. No idea.

Edited by Jacksgranda

My kid seems so much more wholesome and constructive than I was at that age. At 13 I was into drink, drugs, girlfriends, The Happy Mondays. Came home today (Easter Hols) and she’d baked cakes and planted a load of stuff in the garden for my missus. And she drew my avatar for me the other day. 

My kid seems so much more wholesome and constructive than I was at that age. At 13 I was into drink, drugs, girlfriends, The Happy Mondays. Came home today (Easter Hols) and she’d baked cakes and planted a load of stuff in the garden for my missus. And she drew my avatar for me the other day. 

A real shame as far as I’m concerned, I’m worried that by the time my daughter turns 18 her peers won’t even be interested in drugs, alcohol and unprotected sex. I blame the SNP.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

A real shame as far as I’m concerned, I’m worried that by the time my daughter turns 18 her peers won’t even be interested in drugs, alcohol and unprotected sex. I blame the SNP.

If she looks like you she needn't worry about too much attention? Drugs will help her cope though.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nice and quiet the day. Baby Grace and her entourage left at 8.00 am, our daughter went off to the Day Centre at 9.30 ish, there's hardly been a word spoken! Have to collect grandson nr 5 from school shortly, but when he's here on his own you'd hardly know he was in the house. Fortunately his wee sister, Little Miss Cyclone isn't here today. At least, not yet...

ETA: No homework tonight, or, indeed, all week. It's Break The Rules Week, apparently. He didn't take it too well when we said it must be Break The Rules Week every week. Also tomorrow they're wearing pyjamas to school. No idea.

Good job you’re young and have plenty energy :P

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Good job you’re young and have plenty energy :P

I cut the front lawn this morning - damn near killed me. Used to take me less than 30 minutes, took me an hour today.

Trying to move house with your wife at nearly 20 weeks is not much fun!

She's doing well so far and is helping out where possible and I do count my lucky stars that we are doing it now unlike my mate who has just moved with a one WEEK old.

Got a kiss and a hug this morning from Little Miss Cyclone this morning when I was taking her big brother off to school. Nothing too strange about that you say? Well, she's always been a bit "iffy" with me, and it's only this last 6 months or so she's started to interact on a regular basis with me. She's now progressed to "walking" across me for no apparent reason. I suppose I should be grateful she doesn't do to me what she does to her granny - she just launches herself at her and uses her like a trampoline.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:51, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you sure it was yours?

Unfortunately, yes. If I was suffering from dementia I don't suppose I'd worry if it was the neighbours'.

Had to bring him home from school yesterday after the teacher said he was rubbing his eyes (he's got conjunctivitis) and complaining about it. When I arrived the school secretary said his eyes were very red. He came bouncing down the corridor and wasn't very pleased about getting taken out of school, I could see nothing wrong with his eyes, tbqh..

After we got him home he made that much fuss his mother had to come and take him back to school!

Picked him up at 2.50 and he had had a good day.

I can only think the teacher was concerned about him spreading his eye infection. He's missed a lot of days this term between his asthma, a bad cough, a previous bout of conjunctivitis and a stomach bug, so his mother didn't really want him to miss any more, even if it was only one day.

The wee man has chickenpox.

Porridge oats in a pair of tights and hanging of the bath tap is bloody brilliant.

Gave our then 3 year old a bath in the morning and at night and it was almost as though they weren’t there.