Pregnancy And Parenting

On 25/05/2019 at 22:30, Bairnardo said:

Nearly shed a tear in front of my workmates earlier when Mrs B helpfully informed that BB1 was crying at bedtime saying she wants me home forever....

Working away isnt for me anymore.

Give it 9-10 years.

Bloody school holidays. Got a letter today saying that the school will be off for another two new in-service days in 2019, which takes the total number of days off to 72.

To make matters worse, they haven't changed the May 2020 holiday, where the bank holiday has been moved to Friday for 75th VE day. So that's one more day to cover.

It's an absolute battle to fit all of this in.

17 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My wee girl learned how to ride her bike today.  Smashed it in about 15 mins with minimal input from me.

^^^

Doing Father's Day right.

^^^

762D8344-68F4-4261-92E1-C885927786E6.jpeg.7d190cc6a7ec6bbf28e0a3b9fe762a8c.jpeg

Our 7 year old granddaughter has had another fantastic school report including a comment from her teacher that ALL her classmates love her.

I am delighted that she has not inherited her paternal grandfather’s social skills.

#proudgrandad

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Our 7 year old granddaughter has had another fantastic school report including a comment from her teacher that ALL her classmates love her.

I am delighted that she has not inherited her paternal grandfather’s social skills.

#proudgrandad

My three all had excellent reports as well. I’m moving my girls to a different school after the summer, due to unruly wee shits with parents who don’t give a damn. the staff are genuinely sad to see them go but understand why.

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

My three all had excellent reports as well. I’m moving my girls to a different school after the summer, due to unruly wee shits with parents who don’t give a damn. the staff are genuinely sad to see them go but understand why.

That’s unfortunate.  The sad thing is that these parents maybe also had parents who didn’t give a damn.

It’s a sad, and difficult to change, cycle.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s unfortunate.  The sad thing is that these parents maybe also had parents who didn’t give a damn.

It’s a sad, and difficult to change, cycle.

Yup. It is. Yet they’re also the first ones yelling head and education authority about no doing anything for their kids.

As they assault another teacher or break something else in an act of basilisk. We’re talking about P2&3 kids.

We had two excellent infant teachers both on mat leave. Ones volunteered to be declared surpass after, when heavily pregnant was assaulted and another has decided she’s taking a following year unpaid. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if it’s not been influenced by what she’s heard is going on.

I have sympathy for head and depute. They aren’t allowed to expel these kids and as I said in a letter to staff without fundamental changes in parenting nothing will change.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

2 and a half months until number 3 is due to arrive, we retrieved our pram from my parents loft, and bought a 7 seat car today. Starting to get ourselves organised.

Planning on 2 more then?

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hell no. I'll be getting the snip once this one is here. The 7 seater is purely to separate the kids up. The older 2 will take lumps out of each other if they're sat right next to each other.

Once one of them has been lumped into nothing you can downsize to a smaller car...

Two things of note happened to me in my parenting journey yesterday.

Firstly my bairnardinis were in the bath, the oldest one was fucking about with a cloth on her head hiding her face. The youngest one got a jug of water and began pouring it over her head. Thus, she appears to have learned the art of waterboarding.

Should I be proud or concerned?

After the bath, oldest one (4) had a serious meltdown about the prospect of her mummy getting dead and going to heaven and she wouldnt have a mummy anymore and be left on her own. Must admit I wasnt laughing about that one [emoji24]

Got to love report cards...

“She is a very sweet girl... her strong personality makes her a natural leader amongst her peers; as she matures and develops an awareness of her influence over others; she must ensure that she uses it only for good”

Do they expect her to join the dark side???