The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Really well done documentary that. Think Rock comes off horrendously though. Absolutely mental he thought he could just slot himself into that match and leave Cody without any real direction.

The story ended up even better as a result, but still wild it actually reached that point.

It's weird that they haven't put the documentary on the network. The YouTube version had the most obnoxious amount of adverts I've ever seen in a YouTube video. 

I thought it was enjoyable enough, but it definitely felt like a PR video to make Triple H and the Rock look like the greatest geniuses in the business.

On 10/07/2024 at 11:31, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's weird that they haven't put the documentary on the network. The YouTube version had the most obnoxious amount of adverts I've ever seen in a YouTube video. 

I thought it was enjoyable enough, but it definitely felt like a PR video to make Triple H and the Rock look like the greatest geniuses in the business.

I remember this with the WM40 press conference. it was absolutely stupid. Honestly an advert every 40seconds. Insanity. Impossible to watch it.

It actually encouraged me to buy YouTube Premium., it was that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said before that I believe that Punk and Perry made up their whole stuff cos Punk was wanting out.

I can't recall Punk going on any mad rants about Perry or even really mentioning him at all, yet he still drops references about the Bucks every so often and of course has gone on numerous big rants about them and Hangman. Even their 'fight' was tame, with neither getting hurt.

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've said before that I believe that Punk and Perry made up their whole stuff cos Punk was wanting out.

I can't recall Punk going on any mad rants about Perry or even really mentioning him at all, yet he still drops references about the Bucks every so often and of course has gone on numerous big rants about them and Hangman. Even their 'fight' was tame, with neither getting hurt.

I don't think there would be enough animosity with Perry for Punk to care, it was probably just the perfect storm of events at the worst possible time. He's incredibly thin skinned, so the real glass line was a less cutting "worker's rights". Instead of being able to stew on it, they had their conversation and he went for him. I don't think particularly cared what happened as a result, but I do think it was real. 

Put it this way, I could see there being a picture in future of the two together, probably with big Phil pretending to choke him. I can't see that happening with the Bucks. Unless it was him really choking them.

On 26/07/2024 at 08:10, DA Baracus said:

Not necessarily Mania. Could be a Summerslam.

That was my thinking, no stadium in London has a fully retractable roof so unless mania was in May-August, there’s a good chance the weather would ruin it.

42 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

That was my thinking, no stadium in London has a fully retractable roof so unless mania was in May-August, there’s a good chance the weather would ruin it.

Unless they hold it on Centre Court at Wimbledon 😀

Lack of a roof doesn't rule out Wembley for Mania. This year's Mania didn't have one and we even had a Mania a few years back that was delayed due to rain (Samoa Joe in a poncho remains a classic Wrestlemania moment).

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe flown a little under the radar this year, but looks like RevPro have done not too badly with their Anniversary show at the Copper Box.

Was there last night and it was a good show (not quite as good as last year mind!).

Some good stuff and it flew by, especially when we discovered a hot dog stand doing two pint cups of beer!