The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Most guys get into wrestling to make money and shag women. It's of absolutely no surprise that many of these guys regularly overstep the mark and have now exposed themselves as predatory fuckers. 

Of all the stories, the one I feel any sort of empathy for is Jimmy Havoc. Mentally abusive as he has allegedly been to his ex, going by her account of events he seems to be a legitimately messed up guy who shouldn't be with anyone at all. The story doesn't strike as a wrestler being outwardly predatory like the others there, but someone going through a lot of mental health issues. This doesn't excuse it by any means as he's definitely abusive and potentially dangerous but I'm really apprehensive about putting him in the same category as folk trying to touch up the 16 year old lassies they've been training up.

If he's been or still is a danger to himself and others, hopefully he gets the help he needs. 

Screenshots have been posted by that guy about Cornette. Pictures of Cornette's wife included so I won't link as they're not exactly something you want to see. :green

The way it reads is either Jim is a cuck or his wife is up to no good behind his back considering this was in 2017.

However - The video with Santino is certainly much more interesting to watch now. Listen to what Santino says:

Guest bernardblack

The Will Ospreys stuff doesn’t read well either.

The rest of the stuff is horrific. Can’t imagine how tough it would have been for the women involved to keep that quiet for so long.

It's grim reading on Twitter/Reddit right now.

All of these guys should be punted if what they're accused of is true. Brit Wres may need to be cleared out from top to bottom.

11 minutes ago, Comrie said:

It's grim reading on Twitter/Reddit right now.

All of these guys should be punted if what they're accused of is true. Brit Wres may need to be cleared out from top to bottom.

I imagine the scene is about to shrink significantly!

Edited by cb_diamond

I enjoy listening to Cornette talk about wrestling. I've no real interest in the abuse he gives the majority of people (as funny as some of it can be) and have no real interest in whatever he and his wife enjoy to do in their own bedroom.

Using it to hold back the careers of young aspiring wrestlers is fucked up. If true (which I'd imagine it would be based on the screenshots and the amount of names confirming it. Janela has called him a cuck several times on twitter) then that's me done with listening anything he has to say.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I haven't actually watched any of them but going by his videos on youtube etc he's a frequent participator, yeah?

Yeah, given his position as a writer in WWE in the 90s and his general knowledge of the history of wrestling.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, given his position as a writer in WWE in the 90s and his general knowledge of the history of wrestling.

You can imagine the shitshow a Cornette epsiode would be. Well known bullshitters like Russo and Prichard taking the chance for revenge.

His lawyer Stephen P New coming across thick as f**k in an exchange with a Bleacher Report journo is also bizarre. (The journo comes across as a dick but that's by the by)

Cornette has always seemed like a scumbag.

That video of him shouting at the drive through waitress was framed as a funny rant. It wasn't. It was a horrible, bullying rant from a coward.

How has no one kicked the absolute f**k out of that wee cretin over the years?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Cornette has always seemed like a scumbag.

That video of him shouting at the drive through waitress was framed as a funny rant. It wasn't. It was a horrible, bullying rant from a coward.

How has no one kicked the absolute f**k out of that wee cretin over the years?

Is there any major star from any period in the past thirty years who hasn't come across like a total dick? The Rock maybe? Sting?

Seems to be the accepted way to go about things in the business.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Is there any major star from any period in the past thirty years who hasn't come across like a total dick? The Rock maybe? Sting?

There's being a dick then there's being a scumbag abuser and bully like Cornette.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's being a dick then there's being a scumbag abuser and bully like Cornette.

Obviously. The point I'm making is no-one has kicked the shit out of Steve Austin, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall etc. It just seems to be accepted within the business which is bizarre to me. 

Just now, Merkland Red said:

The Rock came across as a piece of shit when he got carried away 'in the moment' repeatedly hitting Foley in the head with a steel chair when he was only supposed to do it twice. Can't think of a single wrestler that is 'squeaky clean' but you're right, The Rock is as close as.

Kane is another. Not one person has said anything bad about him but his political views are a bit suspect given that he's against minimum wage, gender equal pay laws and other things.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

The Rock came across as a piece of shit when he got carried away 'in the moment' repeatedly hitting Foley in the head with a steel chair when he was only supposed to do it twice. Can't think of a single wrestler that is 'squeaky clean' but you're right, The Rock is as close as.

Kane is another. Not one person has said anything bad about him but his political views are a bit suspect given that he's against minimum wage, gender equal pay laws and other things.

Sorry. Didn't mean in a wrestling sense as they've all got carried away and he absolutely did not take care of Mick. To his credit Foley told him he'd been a bit stiff discussing him on the commentary of Beyond the Mat and the Rock watched it, digested it and then sat dwn and discussed it with Mick.

There was the odd rumour of him and Trish Stratus having a behind the scenes thing but nothing about him being a horrendous person at one point or another.