Livingston - all the threads merged

Wouldn't be surprised to see Scullion going to you guys on loan, especially with Hoppy taking over.

No chance should we be letting him go to someone else in the division. Yeah, we're nine points clear of ninth, but what if we have a collapse in form and he ends up scoring crucial goals which end up relegating us? If he goes out on loan it has to be to League One.

Interested to see how Hopkin does, his spell as caretaker with us was truly awful but it was with an abysmal squad so it's possible he was just unlucky.

No chance should we be letting him go to someone else in the division. Yeah, we're nine points clear of ninth, but what if we have a collapse in form and he ends up scoring crucial goals which end up relegating us? If he goes out on loan it has to be to League One.

Interested to see how Hopkin does, his spell as caretaker with us was truly awful but it was with an abysmal squad so it's possible he was just unlucky.

What were the results/record when he was in charge of Morton? I remembered reading you got skelped by ICT.

What were the results/record when he was in charge of Morton? I remembered reading you got skelped by ICT.

We lost to Inverness and Alloa when he was in charge. He only got 2 games I think. Our team was one of the worst this division had seen though so that wouldn't have helped.

He had three games: 2-1 defeat to Dundee, 2-0 defeat to Alloa and 4-1 defeat to ICT in the cup. In fairness two of the goals up at Inverness were penalties and we had a goal questionably disallowed, but yeah, we were absolute pish in all of them.

Not a fan of this decision either but we'll see how things go when he puts 'his stamp' on the team. Hopefully he can bring in some decent-ish players to help improve the team and give us more options from the bench too. Spas and Moses could go for all the use they've been, Cole and Sives are both long term injuries so would be harsh punting them, but both are surplus to requirement even if fit, Cole esp has been disappointing in the games he has played.

“We’ve not got any money to make any wholesale changes and that’s not something I would do. We might have to try and move a couple of people on this month before we can bring some in, but I’ve not got a lot to work with. We want to bring players in who are ready to go straight into the squad and ready to play.”

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/david-hopkin-glad-to-ward-off-livingston-foes-1-3992665#ixzz3wSmqtw00

Ones that will give us something different would be good, basically all we've got from the bench is Sheerin and Hippo. Hipppo is hit or a miss whether he'll be any good, and although Sheerin has made a difference when he comes on it's usually at the expense of Buchanan, who i'd rather we kept on.

I suppose we'd have given a new manager a few games to get his stamp on the team but Hopkin has been 2nd coach all season, and in charge of our last 3 games, so he isn't going to get any slack from the fans.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Well I like his first signing Fotheringham back at Livi. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/fozzy-returns-hugo-moves/

Certainly gives us something different in midfield, an experienced skilful ball player that pick out a pass.

He's been on trial with us for a week or so.

Played in the u20's game the other day and apparently he looked a bit out of shape and he was told he wasn't getting a deal soon after.

Surprised you've jumped right in.