Livingston - all the threads merged

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

The big performances were due weeks ago, anything they do now is meaningless as there's little to nothing to gain

I'd actually deleted my post after having a think about it and calming down a bit. Seeing the picture still leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth but I can't blame him for trying to get a decent pay day for his family. I still stand by my statement that he owes Martindale and the fans a send off

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd actually deleted my post after having a think about it and calming down a bit. Seeing the picture still leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth but I can't blame him for trying to get a decent pay day for his family. I still stand by my statement that he owes Martindale and the fans a send off

I've no issue with him signing elsewhere, my issue lies with him downing tools and his performances over the last 18 months really

Thought Devlin was one of the few still making an effort in the County game, can't comment on Killie as i wasn't there, but the game they all chucked was Utd pre split, that's the one they needed to bust a gut at.

We all knew he was going to Aberdeen, the picture shouldn't have been put up though, Aberdeen and Livingston haven't announced it, poor show whoever was responsible. He deserves a good send off from Livi fans, as do the rest of the players leaving, hopefully they get a win or two in these last 2 home games and the positive atmosphere helps the mood in the stadium to give the players a well done for another successful season keeping us up.

Just now, ATLIS said:

I've no issue with him signing elsewhere, my issue lies with him downing tools and his performances over the last 18 months really

the "downing tools" part of my post was the bit I felt was harsh. Not sure he's downed tools as much as just been genuinely pish. It could be that the intensity of our style is catching up on a lot of these guys as they haven't looked quite as fit as a group recently. A problem that Klopp's teams tend to have after a few seasons

2 hours ago, Kempes said:

Given that you think he has been pish, do you think he is a good signing for Aberdeen? McCrorie is not exactly a hard act to follow!

I doubt you're signing him as first choice. As someone to bring off the bench every now and then he'll be fine. 

I imagine Devlin is a "safety net" RB who they think should slot in easily and be up the tempo of the league from the start, and his game time will depend entirely on how well, and quickly, the RB who they sign from outside Scotland to be first choice adapts.

3 hours ago, Kempes said:

Given that you think he has been pish, do you think he is a good signing for Aberdeen? McCrorie is not exactly a hard act to follow!

Going forward he's good, makes overlaps and hits the byeline, not so much defensively though, but then again our whole defence has been nowhere near as good as previous seasons, so that may not be as much of an issue at Aberdeen, if you've decent CB's. Will throw himself in front of shots to protect the keeper too, is just getting caught out not marking runners, and us trying to play a high line isn't helping. I think he'll be a decent signing for you.

Penrice might be on the right in more of a 4-3-3. I've noticed the Twitter line up is normally listed in order of position. Today it suggests Sean Kelly holding mid with Shinnie and Stephen Kelly centre mid. Penrice right attack, Nouble left attack and Anderson centre forward.

Edit: It's a 4-2-3-1 with Stephen Kelly at centre attacking mid.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 minute ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

was our defence much better today? 

Yes but I'm not yet convinced we should be starting next season with De Lucas and Boyes at centre back. The equaliser felt very similar to a lot of goals we have conceded this year, no urgency to get the ball away. 

Parkes did well when he came off the bench.

17 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yes but I'm not yet convinced we should be starting next season with De Lucas and Boyes at centre back. The equaliser felt very similar to a lot of goals we have conceded this year, no urgency to get the ball away. 

Parkes did well when he came off the bench.

I think it's the midfield that's a bit more at fault for their goal. The defence got the ball away and the midfield didn't put any pressure on Harkes and encouraged him to shoot. Cracking finish mind. 

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think it's the midfield that's a bit more at fault for their goal. The defence got the ball away and the midfield didn't put any pressure on Harkes and encouraged him to shoot. Cracking finish mind. 

Yeah I said on the match thread that the midfield were most at fault but I still think the ball was bouncing around the box for way too long.

I am aboard the Parkes hype train. I'd get him signing a one year extension with a +1 in the summer personally. He looks slimmer, has great experience and looked good today when he came on.

Parkes and Luiyi at the back could be our starting pair next season and I'd be fairly happy. Montano today looked like everything Devlin should be but isn't. Get a decent RB signed in the summer and that defence is sorted. 

Just need to look at a backup ST, Nouble replacement (maybe Moyo but he was MIA today) and look at a CM or two. I feel like a few maybe took note of the messages sent midweek - although maybe it was the fact Utd didn't have a senior striker in their team, who knows?

9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yeah I said on the match thread that the midfield were most at fault but I still think the ball was bouncing around the box for way too long.

Thought Shamal should've come out and got the ball too, it was knocked up in the air 2 or 3 times by Utd players but he stayed put on his line. We invited them onto us though, sat far too deep and were in no hurry to come out and press them, to try and get the ball off them. 

Good game to watch though, we had a lot of shots at goal, 2 cracking goals and Bradley looked good when he came on too. Like the look of Parkes too, good solid defender.

I thought Bradley looked like a proper modern winger when he came on, pace and driving at players. Excited to see him with a full preseason under his belt.

Him cutting in and letting loose shots especially could be deadly if he works on them more. I hope this win has pushed away some of the panic from some people. Today was the first day I could visualise the plan for next season, I reckon we'll be alright.

Edited by ATLIS

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I thought Bradley looked like a proper modern winger when he came on, pace and driving at players. Excited to see him with a full preseason under his belt.

Him cutting in and letting loose shots especially could be deadly if he works on them more. I hope this win has pushed away some of the panic from some people. Today was the first day I could visualise the plan for next season, I reckon we'll be alright.

Great what a win does for us, immediately lifts the mood after a run of horrendous away results. Can we play at home every week.:bounce2

Agree with him re Devlin. The reaction I saw today was over the top even if I'm his biggest critic. Brandon should have started by now but I think Devlin has still been trying even if his performances haven't been great (not the worst in the squad). I don't think he's that good anyway and him having this big life change on his mind may have regressed him.

Not a fan of booing your own team at games.

Edited by EdinburghLivi