Livingston - all the threads merged

11 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

I admire the 97 who attended Rugby Park. Having said that, a club with that level of support brings nothing to the top league. 

Crowdwank wise yep, but it's what the players do on the pitch that counts and in our 5 seasons here we've brought a fair bit to the Premiership. Back to back top 6 finishes and a cup final.

Our plastic pitch and having the lowest support always brings out the seethe too, we own it and love bringing the seethe.:cheers

I see the "We should sign Leigh Griffiths" chat has started again on that facebook page. It's going to be a long summer.

Edit: didn't even spot ATLIS' post above, I just try and block out all mentions of Griffiths!

Edited by LiviLion

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I see we've reached the point of the season where the Facebook group is adamant signing Leigh Griffiths would've saved our season :D 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

I see the "We should sign Leigh Griffiths" chat has started again on that facebook page. It's going to be a long summer.

Why not, we always sign some duds that give us the combined sum of feckall goals, Goncalves and Guthrie this season, Chuckie and Soto last season.

I often wonder why this thread is so quiet. I then recall the veritable cyber bin fire that is the fans Facebook group, and am immediately relieved that this thread is the oasis that it is. 

Leigh Griffiths 🤣

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

I will reiterate again, Leigh Griffiths is playing in the regionalised tiers of Australian football in public parks. He scored 2 in 12 in the Scottish third tier. Please lets not lose our heads here too ffs :D 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I will reiterate again, Leigh Griffiths is playing in the regionalised tiers of Australian football in public parks. He scored 2 in 12 in the Scottish third tier. Please lets not lose our heads here too ffs :D 

I'll admit, I was one of the ones at the start of the season that reckoned we should be taking a punk on a pay as you play with what Martindale was saying about him during his trial. Almost a year later and he's not really kicked on and it seems we made the right decision at the time. Saying that....we did sign Guthrie and Goncalves instead

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'll admit, I was one of the ones at the start of the season that reckoned we should be taking a punk on a pay as you play with what Martindale was saying about him during his trial. Almost a year later and he's not really kicked on and it seems we made the right decision at the time. Saying that....we did sign Guthrie and Goncalves instead

Me too, also didn't think we should've put Mullin out on loan to Ayr, then punt him, i'm still sticking with the latter.

Guthrie and Goncalves were intended as squad fillers. The budget gets spent on the key players and by the time it comes to sourcing squad fillers, there is very little money left. That means Martindale often has to get these squad filler players from the real bargain basement, from obscure backgrounds where thorough scouting hasn't been possible meaning these players come with far less of a quality guarantee.

Hamilton used to be in this position. They had to be inventive with player recruitment to try and compensate for their budget deficit with the rest of the league. They realised at one point that players from Greece had become affordable due to the Greek economy having tanked at that time. They picked up Gogic, Ogkmpoe, Sarris, Skondras, Kozoronis, probably others I've forgotten, as squad fillers although a couple went on to become important players for them. They also often went for non-league players from England to supplement their squad each season. Mickel Miller was memorable but they signed many duds from that background too. 

So squad filers are low guarantee but also low risk because they're inexpensive. Nouble was intended as just a squad filler, that's why he was just loaned out to Arbroath initially, but Martindale has ended up striking gold there. So its the same policy that gives us both Noubles and Panayiotous, it has its trade offs.

12 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Guthrie and Goncalves were intended as squad fillers. The budget gets spent on the key players and by the time it comes to sourcing squad fillers, there is very little money left. That means Martindale often has to get these squad filler players from the real bargain basement, from obscure backgrounds where thorough scouting hasn't been possible meaning these players come with far less of a quality guarantee.

Hamilton used to be in this position. They had to be inventive with player recruitment to try and compensate for their budget deficit with the rest of the league. They realised at one point that players from Greece had become affordable due to the Greek economy having tanked at that time. They picked up Gogic, Ogkmpoe, Sarris, Skondras, Kozoronis, probably others I've forgotten, as squad fillers although a couple went on to become important players for them. They also often went for non-league players from England to supplement their squad each season. Mickel Miller was memorable but they signed many duds from that background too. 

So squad filers are low guarantee but also low risk because they're inexpensive. Nouble was intended as just a squad filler, that's why he was just loaned out to Arbroath initially, but Martindale has ended up striking gold there. So its the same policy that gives us both Noubles and Panayiotous, it has its trade offs.

Panayiotou on paper could have worked out if you only view his time with Aldershot prior to his joining us. his history since (2 goals in 38 appearance at National League level) probably says more though.

2 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

We can't all be in a relegation scrap. 

Ken, you'd think he'd be grateful getting the 3pts from us to help keep them up. Even more so if we manage to take some pts off Utd in our home game.

Speaking of which, it has been over a month since we last played at home, and scored some goals. Really hoping our home form is still good and we score a few against Utd (or even just one), i've forgotten what it feels like to celebrate us scoring a goal.

Hiya,

Hope you can help. I am trying to buy tickets for the game on Saturday (Need my fucking head examined I know), but when I click on the link, and have registered with the Ticketmaster service, it is only offering me tickets in the West Stand.

Is that not the home support end?

I have tried calling and emailing Livi Fc without success so am appealing to the wisdom of P&B for help on this one?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Hiya,

Hope you can help. I am trying to buy tickets for the game on Saturday (Need my fucking head examined I know), but when I click on the link, and have registered with the Ticketmaster service, it is only offering me tickets in the West Stand.

Is that not the home support end?

I have tried calling and emailing Livi Fc without success so am appealing to the wisdom of P&B for help on this one?

Thanks

East Stand is what I can see from here: https://www.eticketing.co.uk/livingstonfc/EDP/Event/Index/72

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

East Stand is what I can see from here: https://www.eticketing.co.uk/livingstonfc/EDP/Event/Index/72

Thanks. I am clearly being some kind of fucking moron here, because when I click on that it tells me I don’t have the privileges on my account to select a seat in the East stand and to select one I the West instead…..

I tried registering againunder a different email with the same result…..

Clearly something a simple as buying a match ticket is beyond me in this case….

9 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Thanks. I am clearly being some kind of fucking moron here, because when I click on that it tells me I don’t have the privileges on my account to select a seat in the East stand and to select one I the West instead…..

I tried registering againunder a different email with the same result…..

Clearly something a simple as buying a match ticket is beyond me in this case….

I'd be happy to buy on your behalf if you PM me your bank details :whistle

Wouldn't put it past Livi or Ticketmaster making a mess of something, put the two together and you're asking for trouble. Think reception is open 9am - 4pm tomorrow (closes at 12 or 1 on Friday) if you need to try ringing again.