Livingston - all the threads merged

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Hey - I think you're only a year or two younger than me; you certainly would have worn them. I even remember "bell-bottoms" and "tank tops".

Platforms were a real leg breaker, particularly when running for a train, but also gave me many a headache when not realising the low beams in the local pubs were a lot closer now that I was three inches taller.

Nope, never wore those either, had a bit of a tantrum when my mum tried to make me wear a tank top, but she relented. 😂

Aye a lot of folk had sprained and broken ankles wearing them. Those clacker toys were dangerous too, think they got banned from school playgrounds. Image result for clackers

55 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Someone close to Dave black on the forums grassed you to the admins 

I heard the rumour weeks ago and now seen it deleted twice in public. If it’s true I wonder if there will be some kind of safeguarding investigation? 

33 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I heard the rumour weeks ago and now seen it deleted twice in public. If it’s true I wonder if there will be some kind of safeguarding investigation? 

I suspect the Administrators are keeping a close eye on this thread anyway after all the stuff that was going on recently. I did reply to your post that I thought you should deleted it as it was an unsubstantiated rumour from a sevco fan who probably already has an axe to grind after the debacle at the weekend. That is of course unless you have hard and fast evidence that would stand up in a court if accused of slander. That's beside the impact that such a post could have on his family; wife and children if any.

In any event its a personal matter; Dave Black has more than enough to answer for after what happened on Sunday.

I see Hearts aren't extending McGovern's contract. Can't blame them.

Gave me the fear that we'd take him on though, and our tweet starting with 'McGovern returns' just made it worse. Luckily it's that the loan is terminated and he's away back to Hearts. I'll still be worrying about us signing him until he announces his retirement or goes somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gave me the fear that we'd take him on though, and our tweet starting with 'McGovern returns' just made it worse. Luckily it's that the loan is terminated and he's away back to Hearts. I'll still be worrying about us signing him until he announces his retirement or goes somewhere else.

Thank f**k. He really wasn't good enough at all

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Got us back for giving them Ross Stewart.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Got us back for giving them Ross Stewart.

Need to get my eyes checked - when I first read it I though you said "Got us back for giving them Rod Stewart". 

Mind you; now I cant get the bl00dy tune of "Sailing" out of my head.

29 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I suspect the Administrators are keeping a close eye on this thread anyway after all the stuff that was going on recently. I did reply to your post that I thought you should deleted it as it was an unsubstantiated rumour from a sevco fan who probably already has an axe to grind after the debacle at the weekend. That is of course unless you have hard and fast evidence that would stand up in a court if accused of slander. That's beside the impact that such a post could have on his family; wife and children if any.

In any event its a personal matter; Dave Black has more than enough to answer for after what happened on Sunday.

Accept your point re his family and I won’t discuss any further unless something substantial comes to light. I don’t think I’ve said anything slanderous - hopefully it’s just a rumour and/or doesn’t have a material impact on the football club. 

20 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Accept your point re his family and I won’t discuss any further unless something substantial comes to light. I don’t think I’ve said anything slanderous - hopefully it’s just a rumour and/or doesn’t have a material impact on the football club. 

Its been doing its rounds for a few weeks from various people so there must be something to it. 

49 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Need to get my eyes checked - when I first read it I though you said "Got us back for giving them Rod Stewart". 

Mind you; now I cant get the bl00dy tune of "Sailing" out of my head.

Now i've got the tune in my head too, but to different lyrics.

Relegation, relegation 

home again to the Championship

i am sailing, stormy waters

to be with you, to be free (of the erse cheek games)*

*and VAR 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Now i've got the tune in my head too, but to different lyrics.

Relegation, relegation 

home again to the Championship

i am sailing, stormy waters

to be with you, to be free (of the erse cheek games)*

*and VAR 

And Wullie Gollum

3 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Strange rumour to pop out of nowhere. He’s hardly the target of court cases (or even a target of mine in my posts!).

It’s a serious rumour - if true his position at the club is untenable.

17 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Strange rumour to pop out of nowhere. He’s hardly the target of court cases (or even a target of mine in my posts!).

It’s a serious rumour - if true his position at the club is untenable.

I seem to remember you saying he was nothing more than a tee shirt folder before he joined the club. On reflection that may be more of a dig at the employer as opposed to the employee but either way, it was (I thought) a cheap shot. 

I noticed the comments from the manager today regarding what happened at the weekend with the Celtic support. Once again, the official statement from the club was decent, and once again it was deemed completely useless because the manager decides to add his own nonsensical spin. If he thinks that a “good atmosphere” is listening to the IRA cheerleaders songbook glorifying murder for 90 minutes, then he can f**k off whenever he likes. 

54 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

he thinks that a “good atmosphere” is listening to the IRA cheerleaders songbook glorifying murder for 90 minutes, then he can f**k off whenever he likes.

He’ll be singing from an analogous hymn sheet on Sunday afternoon anyway.

18 hours ago, Durnford said:

It always bugs me that whenever I go out of Scotland (Wales; Northern Ireland or Southern/middle England) and say I'm from Scotland; I'm asked what team I support. When answered "Livingston" I'm met with a blank expression followed by "No; Rangers or Celtic?".

TBH its happened so often it doesn't even really bother me now.

This happened to me in a kebab shop in Kent. When I replied Livingston, the guy hit out with some facts and half a dozen names of current (at the time) players as well as legends like Bingo and Stuart Lovell....I was genuinely dumbstruck at his knowledge

30 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

This happened to me in a kebab shop in Kent. When I replied Livingston, the guy hit out with some facts and half a dozen names of current (at the time) players as well as legends like Bingo and Stuart Lovell....I was genuinely dumbstruck at his knowledge

I'd be looking around trying to find the hidden cameras and asking what show I'm on by that point :D 

55 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Impressive. You obviously go to a better quality kebab shop than me. :(

Martindale confirming Bruce, Nouble and Obileye are off next season.

Breakdown from that from me is:
Anderson was criminally underused in this season. If he was starting more we'd have more than wins than we do now.
Nouble's failure to get a move last summer came at the exact same time as his form falling off a cliff, no surprise - very frustrating player that I can see moving sideways at best and struggling for game time. Another manager won't give him the same patience he's had this season.
Obileye is very limited and without a left foot at all, he did well for us alongside a good/better defender like Guthrie/Fitzwater who could carry him through but when he's asked to do actual defending beyond his physical attributes he struggles big time. Guys like Devlin and Nottingham aren't good enough to compensate for him.

Not a surprise that they're off to be fair but at least it's confirmed.

Edited by ATLIS