Livingston - all the threads merged

Probably not the wisest phrasing, or good for business, however there’s been a growing element at games (particularly away games) that cross the line when it comes to shouts, in my option.

I’d prefer it if the Chairman of the club didn’t resort to tweets like this, however it’s clearly aimed at a fairly small and specific section of fans 

10 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Some Livi fans are ABSOLUTE p***ks. He’s not wrong there. 

Not sure an SPFL chairman should be publicly calling some fans p***ks.

He may think it but hey if this is now acceptable behaviour does it work both ways to call it out publicly? 

11 hours ago, Livi said:

Not sure an SPFL chairman should be publicly calling some fans p***ks.

He may think it but hey if this is now acceptable behaviour does it work both ways to call it out publicly? 

On the contrary, I think they absolutely should. You’re not telling me that the suits at other clubs haven’t wanted to call out their support at times. 

I have plenty issues with JW, but believe me, his railing publicly against the morons on our support isn’t one of them. 

Edited by mozam76
Predictive text

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

More knowledgeable about teams in Scotland than bbc sportscene presenters, commentators, and pundits. You just know they have a sheet of paper in front of them from a researcher on facts and trivia about the teams they're covering on the Friday night Championship games, and haven't a clue themselves about the teams. Even in the top flight they can barely be arsed talking about teams outside the top two, let alone know with any real knowledge how their season is going.

I remember, a number of years ago, Jim White on talk sport trying to talk up Scottish football to someone like Joey Barton. White used the OF derby, Edinburgh derby, the European success in the 60s, 70s and 80s as well as underdog stories like Livi (this was shortly after Dolly Menga v rangers). Barton challenged him and asked him if he knew where Livingston was. Proud Scotsman, football journalist, Mr transfer window and visitor to Almondvale on numerous occasions, Jim White, confidently replied..."either just south of Aberdeen or near Perth"

3 hours ago, Livi said:

Livi chairman on twitter tonight calling Livi fans pr!cks.  That will certainly attract more people to come and support the club.

What will happen next at Livi FC 🙄

IMG_1415.jpeg

I don’t disagree with what JW has said here. Pretty sure I’ve written as much above or one one or two of the match threads. Still, I think it could cheese off more than those it’s directed at.

No huge surprise at those players leaving. The fact it hasn’t been stated who makes me think could be PCAs with teams who could be in our half of the league after the split (that’s not the top half).

8 hours ago, mozam76 said:

On the contrary, I think they absolutely should. You’re not telling me that the suits at other clubs haven’t wanted to call out their support at times. 

I have plenty issues with JW, but believe me, his railing publicly against the morons on our support is the one of them. 

Wanting to and actually publicly doing so are entirely 2 different things. 

57 minutes ago, Livi said:

Wanting to and actually publicly doing so are entirely 2 different things. 

Are they really? Jeezo, the things you learn. 

2 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Are they really? Jeezo, the things you learn. 

Glad you are learning today 👍

Imagine if all SPFL chairman called some of their fans p***ks?  

1 minute ago, Livi said:

Glad you are learning today 👍

Imagine if all SPFL chairman called some of their fans p***ks?  

It would be refreshingly brilliant. 

Possibly JW posting as some sort of defence mechanism of him and DM.

No one at any club should be free from criticism,including the fans.

But I'm smelling some sort of deflection tactic here ??

With just over a week to go until the Trust meeting - and apparently a whole new board set to be elected - I wonder, can we expect the warring factions at the football club to surface and try to exert some further influence over fans?

Just now, CharlieWhisky said:

With just over a week to go until the Trust meeting - and apparently a whole new board set to be elected - I wonder, can we expect the warring factions at the football club to surface and try to exert some further influence over fans?

Hoping it's filmed. Fully expecting a very boring process of people relatively known as your standard average Livi fan being appointed to the board, only for Hogarth/Rankine to burst through the doors holding a briefcase for some WWE Money in the Bank style drama. Two mysterious men remove their glasses and fake moustaches; it's John Ward and David Martindale.

A real fight for control of the club.

7 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

With just over a week to go until the Trust meeting

Jeez time flies.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Hoping it's filmed.

PPV sky box office, £19.99.

Wide fans squaring up to Don Paul et al, looking for the puppet strings. 

Hopefully it is filmed as I won’t be able to attend unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Doubt it will be filmed. Since they haven’t taken any minutes at the regular board meetings, I hope a fan will take the time to record what happens, in some form or other. 

Are you going? Be the change you want to see etc. haha