Livingston - all the threads merged

32 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

With just over a week to go until the Trust meeting - and apparently a whole new board set to be elected - I wonder, can we expect the warring factions at the football club to surface and try to exert some further influence over fans?

It’s a certainty. 

I’m interested in what kind of handover there will be (if any) between the departing members of the trust board and those newly elected. 

2 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Wouldn’t be very professional and would also be another excuse for people to not take our league seriously

I don't really understand why people care about people who presumably don't follow Scottish football taking it seriously (I've heard folk saying, genuinely aghast, that people down south must laugh at us for having plastic pitches in our top league, as if anyone should give a flying jobbie what people down south think), but the professionalism thing is real.  Every doctor, teacher, lecturer, waiter and lawyer probably thinks their patients, pupils, students, customers and clients are all sorts of unsavoury things from time to time, but they'd be doing themselves and their necessary professional relationships with those people any favours by just saying so. 

There is a time to be silent and a time to speak, and I don't think anyone can remember a time when club officials getting in petty squabbles on twitter has ever improved anything.

1 minute ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I don't really understand why people care about people who presumably don't follow Scottish football taking it seriously

Just annoys me when I hear it on the radio, which sounds silly, but I can’t be the only one who rolls their eyes saying “get tae f***” when Simon Jordan and co make light of teams not in the best league in the world. 

4 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

There is a time to be silent and a time to speak, and I don't think anyone can remember a time when club officials getting in petty squabbles on twitter has ever improved anything.

Hear hear 

7 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Just annoys me when I hear it on the radio, which sounds silly, but I can’t be the only one who rolls their eyes saying “get tae f***” when Simon Jordan and co make light of teams not in the best league in the world. 

Hear hear 

Listening to Simon Jordan is your big mistake there. His opinions on Scottish football at whatever level, whether positive or negative, are binworthy. 

6 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Just google / YouTube it. It's well worth a watch 🤣

How it made it past the YouTube equivalent of the cutting room floor is beyond me. “Corrupt SD card” should’ve been the order of the day (which would have deprived us of the hilarity I suppose). 

31 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Are you going? Be the change you want to see etc. haha

I am. I’m expecting I’ll be involved in some.. enthusiastic.. conversations so may not be the best placed to do any recording from my seat but I will be asking to place a recording device on the top table in the absence of anything more suitable. I expect they will say no as the meeting is only for members and the Trust want to control who knows what.

2 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I don't really understand why people care about people who presumably don't follow Scottish football taking it seriously (I've heard folk saying, genuinely aghast, that people down south must laugh at us for having plastic pitches in our top league, as if anyone should give a flying jobbie what people down south think), but the professionalism thing is real.  Every doctor, teacher, lecturer, waiter and lawyer probably thinks their patients, pupils, students, customers and clients are all sorts of unsavoury things from time to time, but they'd be doing themselves and their necessary professional relationships with those people any favours by just saying so. 

Doctors, Teachers, lecturers etc get some protection from arseholes giving them abuse too though, there is a duty of care to those working in these professions. People get struck off patient lists for abusing staff in Doctor's surgeries. Football there are fans shouting all sorts of unsavoury abuse at managers and board members when things aren't going well at a club. Refs get dogs abuse too, then criticized by some managers to gaslight it further. 

There are a few fans in our away crowd that go over the score with the language towards Martindale, Ward is on his private twitter and not using the club's official one, but yeah, it's still ill advised to call those fans p***ks, even though he's 100% correct. He could've chosen better words and said they were way out of order and their behaviour was unacceptable though. My mate even mentioned it up in Dingwall, how different it was just now in our away crowd, and we've both supported Livi for many years, through a lot of troubled times, some of those times a lot worse than this.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I hope that once we're actually down that some people's entitlement dies down for the Championship. I got really annoyed mid-season with Martindale and the way this has gone, I also thought that replacing him mid-season was the best idea to stay up. 

However, I don't think there's a better person to take us forward in the Championship. He needs to learn from the poor recruitment but continuity will do us far better as a club than taking some random manager that'll be away within 18 months will. Him just decided to chuck it at the end of the season is probably a worst case scenario because it means suffering through the second half of this season was pointless. 

You got to wonder if some of our fans have supported us in the lower leagues the way their top flight entitlement was off the scale the last 2 seasons. Not just top flight entitlement too, top 6 entitlement, those back to back top 6 finishes really got some of our fans thinking that was our expected level.

Nobody likes having a season like this, but we're actually lucky the other 5 seasons were extremely comfortable, being well away from the bottom 2 dog fight, just look at Accies time in the top flight, they're about the same level as us fanbase wise, and were scrapping in a few play offs, never getting in the top 6, which was what i expected us to be doing too when we came up.

We've seen Hearts (twice), Hibs, Utd (twice), Killie, Dundee, all being relegated, all more established top flight credentials, with bigger fanbases, staying up 6 seasons for teams like us and Accies*, is pretty incredible really.

*can't remember if Accies had 7 seasons in the Premiership. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Apparently Livi and Gala have applied to put their "B" teams into the bottom rung of the EoSFL,the EoSFL 3rd Division.

2 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Derbies vs Livi United and Pumpherston next season. 😂

Could've just done something similar to the Women's team and hooked up some sort of deal with Livi Utd. Sure i read something about our Women's team being tied to Blackburn's Women's/girl's team. Don't know the ins and outs of it and how it works though.

6 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Apparently Livi and Gala have applied to put their "B" teams into the bottom rung of the EoSFL,the EoSFL 3rd Division.

I don’t see the benefit to Livi of having players playing at quite such a low level in comparison to where the first team will be. On the other hand there will presumably be benefit to the community and it’s not going to harm anyone.

1 minute ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I don’t see the benefit to Livi of having players playing at quite such a low level in comparison to where the first team will be. On the other hand there will presumably be benefit to the community and it’s not going to harm anyone.

We've started youth players at that level right enough, Jack Hamilton was on loan for 6 month to a junior team before moving up to a 4th tier SPFL team. Would be a decent level to get younger players used to the physicality of the Men's game.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've started youth players at that level right enough, Jack Hamilton was on loan for 6 month to a junior team before moving up to a 4th tier SPFL team. Would be a decent level to get younger players used to the physicality of the Men's game.

Unfortunately, down at that level I can't see any benefits from it. It is a poor league. 

'Entitlement' seems to be the word of the day on here. Just because John Ward used it (again) on Twitter last night whilst he was halfway down a bottle of Chateau de la Shite. 

We maybe have a handful of fans who are pretty pissed off and being vocal about it, but they're absolutely right to. We may very well break our own record for being the worst team in recent history. Boardroom level is beyond a joke. A group of players who've stopped playing for the manager. A manager who has got far more wrong than right this season. I think we have a right to be pissed you know. Aside from that, we're still some of the most mellowed and passive fans in the country. If the supporters are being called out for 'entitlement' (which we're absolutely not entitled, btw) and because some bloke called Martindale a c**t (talk about being thin skinned FFS), then we're as well to accept anything that happens in future. 

WHY is the club turning in big losses after posting profits (with virtually the same turnover figures)? WHY are there all these smoke and mirrors over legal battles and how is this being funded. Nobody knows exactly what's going on and the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom. Such a shame after the brilliant results we were seeing on the pitch and the stellar community work this club did less than 2 years ago.

That's what we should be talking about - not a small group of blokes calling the manager a bawsack.

Edited by JD and associates

22 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

'Entitlement' seems to be the word of the day on here. Just because John Ward used it (again) on Twitter last night whilst he was halfway down a bottle of Chateau de la Shite. 

We maybe have a handful of fans who are pretty pissed off and being vocal about it, but they're absolutely right to. We may very well break our own record for being the worst team in recent history. Boardroom level is beyond a joke. A group of players who've stopped playing for the manager. A manager who has got far more wrong than right this season. I think we have a right to be pissed you know. Aside from that, we're still some of the most mellowed and passive fans in the country. If the supporters are being called out for 'entitlement' (which we're absolutely not entitled, btw) and because some bloke called Martindale a c**t (talk about being thin skinned FFS), then we're as well to accept anything that happens in future. 

WHY is the club turning in big losses after posting profits (with virtually the same turnover figures)? WHY are there all these smoke and mirrors over legal battles and how is this being funded. Nobody knows exactly what's going on and the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom. Such a shame after the brilliant results we were seeing on the pitch and the stellar community work this club did less than 2 years ago.

That's what we should be talking about - not a small group of blokes calling the manager a bawsack.

I've seen otherwise.

And c**t and bawsack is only a small part of what i've heard shouted at away games towards Martindale. Not just to him either, they shouted abuse at stewards too, and a broken seat was chucked onto the pitch just missing a steward. I've never seen that level of abuse and behaviour before in all the years i've followed Livi, till last season (that's got even worse this season), quite frankly i wouldn't be taking young kids to away games with that going on.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER